Screen dying already?
(09-01-2021, 02:34 AM)kqlnut Wrote: But back to topic: A heat problem may seem plausible, but all the reports were from the Manjaro CE batch or later. It makes sense that there are not many reports from very recent batches because they haven't been in use that long. And also from the early editions like Braveheart because they were probably used more for development and trying stuff out than for daily regular use. But I would expect that at least the PostmarketOS CE phones have been used quite a lot by now and probably in a similar manner as the Manjaro ones. So maybe a bad batch of screens or something in the supply chain changed?

It was what I suspect : a bad batch for Manjaro CE.
We'll see if PostmarketOS CE will suffer of the same problem. But I suppose 'no' if the problem with the bad batch was understood.
@Gribouille, I admit I was thinking of this "counter not being bumped" thing as a conspiracy theory. Well, I checked this. Indeed counter is not being bumped in case of your thread !

I used two other threads for comparison in "Pine64 --> General --> General" forums and there counter is being bumped consistently and immediately.

This is getting more and more interesting. Although other harsh words are coming to my mind at this moment.
(09-01-2021, 03:04 AM)as400 Wrote: @Gribouille, I admit I was thinking of this "counter not being bumped" thing as a conspiracy theory. Well, I checked this. Indeed counter is not being bumped in case of your thread !

I used two other threads for comparison in "Pine64 --> General --> General" forums and there counter is being bumped consistently and immediately.

This is getting more and more interesting. Although other harsh words are coming to my mind at this moment.

Thank you to confirm @as400 

For you information : there was 57 views at 12 h 28, Saturday, 08-21-2021.
Today, there is only 69 views at 12 h 04, Wednesday, 09-01-2021 for this thread opened the 08-20-2021.
Only 12 views in 13 days with the tests done here ?

The thread is now at the position '9'. It's not the question if the thread has a better place than an other, but how to user, or better the moderators, could see it to post a reply if it is pushed away ?
I just received and installed my new screen, all went smoothly. In case anybody wonders: The replacement screen I ordered was produced well before the one that was installed in my Manjaro CE PinePhone. On the new one "2020.04.07" is printed (which I assume is the producion date) while the old faulty one had "2020.08.17" printed on its back. So if all this is due to a faulty batch of screens, I hope I got a screen now that predates the affected ones.
(09-03-2021, 09:39 AM)kqlnut Wrote: I just received and installed my new screen, all went smoothly. In case anybody wonders: The replacement screen I ordered was produced well before the one that was installed in my Manjaro CE PinePhone. On the new one "2020.04.07" is printed (which I assume is the producion date) while the old faulty one had "2020.08.17" printed on its back. So if all this is due to a faulty batch of screens, I hope I got a screen now that predates the affected ones.

Very nice, thanks for the info! Do the replacement screens also have the protective foil like the factory phone screens?
(09-03-2021, 01:38 PM)marcih Wrote: Very nice, thanks for the info! Do the replacement screens also have the protective foil like the factory phone screens?

It had a protective foil, but I think it was not the plastic screen protector that came with the phone. It was just a peel off thing with a little tab like on most new electronics you buy. It also had big air bubbles, so nothing you would keep on the screen (although it was possible to use the screen with it).
(09-03-2021, 09:39 AM)kqlnut Wrote: I just received and installed my new screen, all went smoothly. In case anybody wonders: The replacement screen I ordered was produced well before the one that was installed in my Manjaro CE PinePhone. On the new one "2020.04.07" is printed (which I assume is the producion date) while the old faulty one had "2020.08.17" printed on its back. So if all this is due to a faulty batch of screens, I hope I got a screen now that predates the affected ones.

Good news !

Where find the 'production date' on the board ?

It will be nice if Pine64 could find a manner to help us too.

From months, my PinePhone take the dust  Sad
(09-10-2021, 02:23 AM)Gribouille Wrote: Where find the 'production date' on the board ?

It's printed on the top part of the backside of the screen. You have to remove the mainboard, then you will see it underneath.

Hello,

I've checked my screen for my 'Manjaro CE PinePhone' and the screen was produced only 8 days before your screen.

Screen's references : Wrote:BL599-IPS-HI020A
ZY6033V 2020.08.09

It could be interesting to know the other production dates.
(09-19-2021, 06:45 AM)Gribouille Wrote: It could be interesting to know the other production dates.

They were most likely produced around the same for the same batch of phones. There is a video on Youtube where someone does the screen replacement (not because of this issue though), also with a Manjaro CE phone, and that phone's screen also has a similar production date.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Tongue Screen ghosting and omitting rows of pixels... bedtime 0 376 12-28-2023, 01:26 PM
Last Post: bedtime
  Replacement screen disconnects after back frame is screwed on robthebold 4 1,338 10-12-2023, 01:03 PM
Last Post: robthebold
  Screen Replacement Instructions erikkugel 4 3,151 09-07-2022, 11:04 PM
Last Post: RTP
  Severe screen flicker + occasional ghosting | Pinephone Beta edition legowave440 5 3,648 07-25-2022, 07:35 AM
Last Post: bedtime
  Double Image on screen Arvis 2 1,729 07-03-2022, 06:27 AM
Last Post: Avisando
  Screen has pixel-thin horizontal stripes that are black or get stuck in the past yasmi 5 4,024 03-08-2022, 12:25 PM
Last Post: jopple
  How hard to replace screen? Zebulon Walton 28 29,217 01-18-2022, 12:21 AM
Last Post: henrythemouse
  pinephone screen Uturn 2 2,285 01-14-2022, 01:15 AM
Last Post: Uturn
  Screen replacement Csanderson0313 4 3,229 01-10-2022, 09:26 PM
Last Post: Csanderson0313
  Top of screen and USB port malfunctioning Severinus 0 1,088 12-14-2021, 07:28 PM
Last Post: Severinus