Command line only UI
From the OpenHab website, it appears that OH is supposed to boot into a GUI, but all I'm getting is a command prompt. White on black.

Quote:Ubuntu 16.04 LTS openhab tty1 

Welcome to Ubuntu 16.04 LTS (GNU/Linux 3.10.101-0-pine64-longsleep aarch64)
openhab@openhab: ~$

Do some sort of sensors need to be installed? The initial screen seems to suggest that, before it flashes past.

I'm just trying to get a feel for the capabilities of OpenHab, with a Pine A64 on Ethernet.
NexusDude of Central Texas
  • Setup: Pine64+ 2GB, On/Off button, RTC battery, 5V fan, LG 1.8A power adapter, Cat6 Ethernet, HDMI to TV, USB keyboard & mouse, SanDisk Ultra mSD "32GB" (28.7GB). Using Win32DiskImager.
  • Best OS experiences: Debian XFCE >> Android Lollipop > the rest
Haven't tried it yet, but I would assume it only has a browser front end ?

[edit] yea, take a look here

hope this helps
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

Do you mean it does not respond if you access it with your browser on port 8080?
Please note that you can find details about the content of the SD card here.
Oops. Blush  I didn't understand this information, which now makes sense:
Quote:This is a "headless" build, the setup process thru serial console, no HDMI vidoe output.

I think I have this straight now. OpenHab runs on the Pine, which should have sensors connected, if using OpenHab is to make any sense. But OpenHab itself doesn't generate output that you can view via the HDMI connector on the Pine64. So, to access the data from those sensors, or to adjust any settings, or for whatever reason you need to see something relating to the Pine64's sensors, you open a browser and access OpenHab from elsewhere on the network. That is, from another computer.

Thanks for your kind replies.
NexusDude of Central Texas
  • Setup: Pine64+ 2GB, On/Off button, RTC battery, 5V fan, LG 1.8A power adapter, Cat6 Ethernet, HDMI to TV, USB keyboard & mouse, SanDisk Ultra mSD "32GB" (28.7GB). Using Win32DiskImager.
  • Best OS experiences: Debian XFCE >> Android Lollipop > the rest