Automatic powering on and not staying powered off
(03-16-2021, 07:36 AM)xalius Wrote: I think this is the way Allwinner intended it to work, what happens on Android phones or tablets is that they boot into a 'charger image' instead of the real OS, this just displays the battery icon/charge status...

I agree. The "auto power on" part is expected, and it's up to the software side to decide how to behave. (like an Android phone, or just power on normally, or whatever you want)

@dsimic, about "not staying powered off": With an Android phone that I have, the same thing actually happens. If you think about it, it's still totally expected. (1) I'm booted into the "normal" OS. (2) I connect a charger, and the OS shows me that I'm charging. (3) I tell software to power down. (4) The phone turns off. (5) The phone automatically turns back on and goes into the 'charger image' to show a battery fuel gauge.

So I don't think this is a bug in the phone nor the convergence dock.

If anything is odd, it's just the one case with the "dumb" power brick where my phone seemed _not_ to power back on automatically. To be fair, I can't be totally sure that the A64 really was off; this was just the default Manjaro image, and its boot loader doesn't display anything on the screen. (Although, I _think_ it's the boot loader that turns on the notification LED, and that wasn't on)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Automatic powering on and not staying powered off - by bokomaru - 03-25-2021, 09:54 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Powering the modem after turning off the smartphone Mikoduso 3 2,754 02-04-2022, 04:06 PM
Last Post: grwlf
  USB powered hub g40 0 848 01-12-2022, 05:38 PM
Last Post: g40
  Privacy question - is GPS active with phone powered off? Zebulon Walton 7 6,948 01-09-2021, 03:12 PM
Last Post: bokomaru
  Can the pinephone be powered without a battery? stragulus 6 7,715 02-13-2020, 06:06 PM
Last Post: stragulus