3 character search limits in this formum
Sorry if this is a FAQ, but I'd like to complain about the constraint in search in this forum, that strings must be more than 3 characters. I can't search for "gps", "usb", "sd", "df"... Is it that bad to remove this limitation? Thanks for your help.
I've lowered the limit. There might be technical limitations remaining though; I can't do anything about that.
Community administrator and sysadmin for PINE64
(Translation: If something breaks on the website, forum, or chat network, I'm a good person to yell at about it)

Thank you! I was trying to search for things like SSH, apt, irc, and vpn... gave up and quit using the forum for a while. This is a very appreciated change.
I've seen many reports that Google's site-specific search is better anyway.

I've not had any luck with it, but I didn't try real hard.
Three character limit is back. I cannot search for MMS.
(03-12-2021, 10:22 PM)lsitongia Wrote: Three character limit is back. I cannot search for MMS.
Hope the limit can be lifted again soon.  I agree with others that search is very frustrating without quick access to the zillions of short abbreviations and acronyms so ubiquitous in modern discourse and in particular tech.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  remove the four-character search term limit halogen 2 2,437 07-28-2021, 10:45 AM
Last Post: fire219
  sd card limits cmcanulty 2 3,781 06-19-2019, 05:43 AM
Last Post: cmcanulty