Received my 64+ today but...
I cannot get the display to display anything. I see it flicker when the pine is powered on and Pre-loaded works on my Tv via HDMi, just cannot get the 7" display to work. All connections are made with the exposed pinsfacing down and locking tabs released prior to install and locked after install.

Any ideas??

Matt
+1 me if I have helped you in any way. Thank you.
(06-09-2016, 06:08 PM)Bluphire Wrote: I cannot get the display to display anything. I see it flicker when the pine is powered on and Pre-loaded works on my Tv via HDMi, just cannot get the 7" display to work. All connections are made with the exposed pinsfacing down and locking tabs released prior to install and locked after install.

Any ideas??

Matt

I've got the same issue, hdmi outputs but the 7" touchscreen just won't work. I think it might require the use of a different image so a few microSD cards are on the way to me so I can test between versions.
(06-09-2016, 06:14 PM)Danja Wrote:
(06-09-2016, 06:08 PM)Bluphire Wrote: I cannot get the display to display anything. I see it flicker when the pine is powered on and Pre-loaded works on my Tv via HDMi, just cannot get the 7" display to work. All connections are made with the exposed pinsfacing down and locking tabs released prior to install and locked after install.

Any ideas??

Matt

I've got the same issue, hdmi outputs but the 7" touchscreen just won't work. I think it might require the use of a different image so a few microSD cards are on the way to me so I can test between versions.

Please keep me posted!

Matt
+1 me if I have helped you in any way. Thank you.
There are different builds for HDMI and LCD, at least for Android.
Please refer to wiki http://wiki.pine64.org/index.php/Pine_A6...re_Release
Photo 

I need help identifying the parts delivered and how to install them. The second attached picture shows what I believe is the wireless adapter. Correct? How do I install it?

The first attached photo shows a very small piece, just 9 mm in length and 6 mm across. What is it? And
how do I install it?
(06-10-2016, 01:31 PM)clawinus Wrote: I need help identifying the parts delivered and how to install them. The second attached picture shows what I believe is the wireless adapter. Correct? How do I install it?

The first attached photo shows a very small piece, just 9 mm in length and 6 mm across. What is it? And
how do I install it?

The first is the ''power button''. You have to solder it onto the board if you want to use it. 

The second is the WIFI/BT module. It's very easy to install it. You just have to gently push it down to its serial ports as shown in the pic. http://files.linuxgizmos.com/pine64_pinea64_detail.jpg It's pretty straightforward procedure as from one side the bus on the WIFI chip is shorter than on its other side.
(06-10-2016, 02:05 PM)g_t_j Wrote:
(06-10-2016, 01:31 PM)clawinus Wrote: I need help identifying the parts delivered and how to install them. The second attached picture shows what I believe is the wireless adapter. Correct? How do I install it?

how do I install it?

The first is the ''power button''. You have to solder it onto the board if you want to use it. 

The second is the WIFI/BT module. It's very easy to install it. You just have to gently push it down to its serial ports as shown in the pic. http://files.linuxgizmos.com/pine64_pinea64_detail.jpg It's pretty straightforward procedure as from one side the bus on the WIFI chip is shorter than on its other side.

Thanks very much for your help. I will live without the power button.

As you pointed out the sides fo the wifi module are different, so it is
easy to put it in the right way.
But what about the attached wire with a metal plate at the end? Is that some kind
of antenna? Where does it go?
(06-11-2016, 06:08 PM)clawinus Wrote:
(06-10-2016, 02:05 PM)g_t_j Wrote:

how do I install it?

Thanks very much for your help. I will live without the power button.

As you pointed out the sides fo the wifi module are different, so it is
easy to put it in the right way.
But what about the attached wire with a metal plate at the end? Is that some kind
of antenna? Where does it go?

The grey wire is coax which is a shielded wire connecting the antenna at the end (the sticky black pad) to the connector on the board. Meaning the important bit is the sticky bit at the end - that is the wifi antenna! You just put that anywhere, but preferably as far away from board as possible, to be as far way from the electrical interference they generate. Really depends on how strong your wireless signal is and how far away the pine64 will be.
In one of the reviews of Pine64 I found an image indicating
that the coax cable can be turned in any direction. I will wait
assembling the unit until I receive the enclosure.
Many thanks for the quick reply.
(06-09-2016, 06:14 PM)Danja Wrote:

Any ideas??

Matt

Go to http://wiki.pine64.org/index.php/Pine_A6...re_Release and scroll down to the section labeled Android 5.1.1 Image (LCD Panel Video Output) Release 20160603
Had the same issue and had to use one of these images to get the LCD to display.