OV5640 camera module reg read error
(02-15-2021, 10:47 AM)FrancisTheodoreCat Wrote: The error you're getting from gstreamer is probably due to the cedar acceleration only being able to parse NV12 or NV16 color space information, which is YUV4:2:0 and YUV4:2:2 respectively (I think). I haven't been able to test that bit, due to the camera on my PineCube... not working.

If that doesn't work, the pixel format will probably have to be changed to YUV422(?), and the gstreamer input format to NV16.

Could anyone point me on what are these YUV, UYVY, NV16 and other abbrevations mean? What are the relations between "fmt:" media-ctl values and "video/x-raw,format=" in gstreamer pipeline?

PS. These questions are because hardware encoder only accepts *something* NV12, but camera node outputs *something* UYVY. And there is a recoding step in gstreamer pipeline consuming CPU and probably loosing FPS. While I could not find a list of supported media-ctl settings to do a bruteforce or try to understand the relation with this "format".

Messages In This Thread
RE: OV5640 camera module reg read error - by cooler - 12-20-2021, 02:45 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do you sell a ready-made housing for the PineCube camera? Mikoduso 1 4,747 10-05-2022, 01:44 PM
Last Post: Mikoduso