Patch to add ability to discard calls...breaks calls
This one.

This was merged upstream I guess (not up on the terminology here, so bear with me). I decided to set up the sxmo build environment so I can tweak some things, so I ran the build script which installs all the latest versions of the little scripts and all that.

Today I get a call, and it starts executing my ring hook, except it's doing it over and over and over, overlapping. I go to pick up the call and it's still ringing (x100 overlapping) and also somehow hangs up when I pick it up, while still ringing. All hell is breaking loose.

So I'm testing out what broke tonight, and I disabled my ring and pickup hooks just to be sure. Sure enough, I get a call in, go to pick up, and it just hangs up immediately. There was no option to discard, so I'm guessing that the pickup and discard functions are happening simultaneously when selecting to pick up. 

For now I've commented out these lines in sxmo_modemmonitor.sh in the checkforincomingcalls section:
Code:
+    sxmo_notificationwrite.sh \
+        "$NOTIFDIR/incomingcall_${VOICECALLID}_notification_discard" \
+        "sxmo_modemcall.sh hangup $VOICECALLID" \
+        none \
+        "Discard - $CONTACTNAME" &

And now it's working. Probably not the cleanest solution, but at least it's some temporary sanity until someone finds a fix.

I know this should be on the sourcehut git thing, but I'm not up to speed with all that so I figured this is the next best place.
Ok, I think I misunderstood a bit how this patch works, but it's still a problem. It actually puts the pickup and discard options in the notifications menu (inefficient, but whatever). The issue is that the call initiates the ring hook, and discarding just hangs up without ever invoking the pickup hook (which would cancel out the ring hook). And again, it's messing with the main pickup call selection that shows up in the menu normally. 

So I don't think this one is ready for 1.3.
So (not for the first time) I was wrong about everything. Turns out, after building the new sxmo scripts, my pickup hook was spitting out a bad process id for my ring hook, and that's why it wasn't working properly. No idea how that changed since it worked perfectly fine before, but I tweaked and simplified it, and now it's all peachy. 

For reference, if this helps anyone else:

Previous pickup hook snippet:
Code:
ID=$(ps -ef|grep ring|grep -v grep|perl -ne '$_=~ m/^ *(.*) mo.*/;print $1')
kill -9 $ID

New pickup hook snippet:
Code:
ID=$(ps -ef|grep ring|grep -v grep|awk '{print $1}')
kill -9 $ID
This was reported in https://todo.sr.ht/~mil/sxmo-tickets/167 and has just now been fixed in release 1.3.1.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Line breaks in SMS log alpineduck 0 248 08-14-2023, 11:34 AM
Last Post: alpineduck
  no calls or texts hiimtye 7 5,520 07-13-2021, 10:22 PM
Last Post: hiimtye