Humidity/Temp Sensor
I received my Pine64 today, yayyy!!! Along with it came the WiFi/Bluetooth module and Humidity/Temp sensor I ordered on BackerKit. I have attached the WiFi module easily, but I do not understand where the Humidity/Temp sensor should go, should I have a cable for it? I am not sure if a cable should have come with my order, but if we have to buy one from the Pine shop that seems a bit unfair considering I have ordered the part, but I can't use it. If anyone has any knowledge that would be great.
Thanks, harveys300.
(06-07-2016, 12:47 PM)harveys300@ Wrote: I received my Pine64 today, yayyy!!! Along with it came the WiFi/Bluetooth module and Humidity/Temp sensor I ordered on BackerKit. I have attached the WiFi module easily, but I do not understand where the Humidity/Temp sensor should go, should I have a cable for it? I am not sure if a cable should have come with my order, but if we have to buy one from the Pine shop that seems a bit unfair considering I have ordered the part, but I can't use it. If anyone has any knowledge that would be great.
Thanks, harveys300.

First, just linking in this thread as it is related, and was also created in the last few hours...

As far as a cable - yes and no. It didn't say it was going to come with one, but you do need some way to connect it to the pine64. As they don't know if you are going to plug it in directly, via the PINE64 POT 12C MULTIPORT board, via the PINE64 POT DEVELOPMENT BOARD or some other way, it would have been hard to them to know if you needed the cable or not, and which cable and connectors you'd need. 

As per the other thread I linked, I believe that you can just make the appropriate connections to the Raspberry Pi 2 connector (or perhaps the Euler "e" connector, (although I can't quite work out which pins are the appropriate ones there), but I'm happy for someone else to jump in and say I'm talking nonsense... Wink
You can direct connect the 5V, SDA, SCL and GND to the Pine64 Board. The I2c port in the PineA64 board is located at pin 3/5 and pin27/28 of Pi-2 connector. For the PineA64 pin out, you can refer it here. For more information on the wire and connection, please refer here.
[Image: PMI2C01_I2C_Board_Rev1-2.jpg]