BSD host of issues on reboot from fresh install
(03-12-2021, 07:10 PM)MNtinkerer Wrote:
(03-12-2021, 02:01 PM)ashleymills Wrote: Other device was a radxa rockpi 4c, similar specs to the rockpro64 but in a raspberry pi form factor and with integrated wifi. It also has an M.2 socket so I have an NVME drive attached which is very fast.

As it happens the rockpro64 arrived in the post today! The NAS enclosure should be close behind. I've already got 13.0-RC1 installed and am updating it to RC2 from source as we speak. Interested to see how hot it will get with the tall heatsink. It's been building world about 3 hours on 4 cpus clocked at 1800 and 1416 and temp is at 62.5 celcius. The rock pi 4c actually got to 73 celcius! building world for 8 hours on 5 cpus

Nice! You should start a new thread with your benchmarks so they are more visible to the community. Those numbers make building on the RockPro64 attractive to novices like myself, who initially would be intimidated by unknown investments in time. Tinkering with the RockPro64 is a seemingly endless rabbit hole, but benchmarks are seductive sirens coaxing out one's inner nerd.

Are you active on the FreeBSD.org forums? I haven't joined yet, but am over there more and more now.

I'll make a better timing of it, including a script to log temperatures during the build when I update to RC3 when they release it in a week or so, and make a new thread as you suggest.

I'm not active on the FreeBSD.org forums as I don't really have time and it seems pretty well resourced.

Messages In This Thread
RE: BSD host of issues on reboot from fresh install - by ashleymills - 03-13-2021, 09:57 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OpenBSD install on eMMC without serial dcnetfan 1 171 04-12-2024, 02:06 AM
Last Post: KC9UDX