BSD host of issues on reboot from fresh install
~#: pkg install update     pkg update
~#: pkg install upgrade   pkg upgrade
~#: pkg install samba     pkg samba* (whatever version number came up in search)
and so on, had mixed results but do not remember which outputs were related to which commands. 

Quote:Have you tried compiling ports on the rockpro64?

Not until your tutorial. I had to first update the machine time (~#: ntpd -g -u) then fetch and install the ports tree which took about 20mins where I am in the United States. 

Quote:Be interested to know how long it takes to compile ports directly on the RK3399

If I understand the output from the
Code:
portmaster
command from /usr/ports/net/samba413, with
Code:
setenv batch=yes
then it took about 1.5 hours to run from the portmaster command until the terminal output reached docbook-sgml installed and began working on iso8879. Or 1.5 hours to compile and install 12 ports that are dependencies of samba. Or 12/151 ports, including samba from the previously linked pastebin. I hope that gives you an idea of speed.

I will likely see samba through on the RockPro64, 2GiB ram, w/32GB eMMC module but try the tutorial on cross compiling on my AMD Ryzen 7 3700X machine, hosting Debian Buster (Linux). I also have a RockPro64 with 4GiB of memory, wonder if that makes a difference.

It is worth noting that according to TOP, the CPUs are fluctuating from 12-99% load, higher with the cc command and between 12-29% with python3 showing. It appears to be cycling between CPU0, 1, 2, 3 for the heavy work.

Thank you for taking the time to write your tutorial, it gave me a solid place to start and answered my questions on how dependencies are handled!
Quartz64, RockPro64, PinePhone Mobian, PineBook Pro, PineTime, and all the trimmings that make FOSS fun.

Messages In This Thread
RE: BSD host of issues on reboot from fresh install - by MNtinkerer - 02-26-2021, 03:31 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OpenBSD install on eMMC without serial dcnetfan 1 174 04-12-2024, 02:06 AM
Last Post: KC9UDX