Any progress on fixing incoming SMS?
Thanks for the responses, guys.  Sorry it's taken me so long to get back, but I got diverted onto another project yesterday, and had to set the phone aside...

Well, it turns out that the solution in the FAQ mentioned above does seem to work.  Once I cleared the messages from the modem using
Code:
mmcli -m 0 --command='AT+CMGD=4'
, messages from most of my friends started coming through in Chatty.  However, messages from one sender (who was the one I had been relying on to send me test messages) continued to be ignored...

Modem-Manager-GUI, on the other hand, does retrieve these ignored messages from the queue--and then clears out the queue automatically.  When I view the messages in MM-GUI, I still see only long strings of hex (just like using mmcli -m 0 --command='AT+CMGR=x'), but at least they are definitely being received and not laying around clogging up the queue.

It leads me to believe that kop is correct: these aren't "normal" SMS texts at all.  Somewhere along the line, either at the sender's end, or at my provider's gateway, they are (re-)formatted as MMS (or some other "exotic" form.)

At any rate, thanks again for your responses.  I will go ahead and mark this issue as solved.

Messages In This Thread
Any progress on fixing incoming SMS? - by JayByrd - 01-09-2021, 12:14 PM
RE: Any progress on fixing incoming SMS? - by JayByrd - 01-11-2021, 10:21 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Article: NuttX RTOS on PinePhone: Fixing the Interrupts lupyuen 0 979 08-31-2022, 07:58 PM
Last Post: lupyuen
  Fixing the USB-C problem in software? heng 18 21,072 01-24-2021, 11:07 PM
Last Post: xonq
  MMS Status Update - Lots of progress! kop316 2 5,358 12-12-2020, 05:47 PM
Last Post: kop316
  Incoming calls/sms when the phone sleeps petrus 8 7,439 10-26-2020, 07:40 AM
Last Post: petrus