PCB source availability??
I'm preparing an upper-division engineering course in which we will be studying the hardware and full-stack software of the pinephone. I have found the schematics available on the pinephone wiki, but I'm curious whether the actual PCB layout files are available anywhere?

Thanks!
Not so far.
(01-07-2021, 10:50 AM)wibble Wrote: Not so far.

Thanks for the info.  Is this a topic that has been discussed already?  Have Pine64 expressed their intention to release / not to release PCB design files?
I'm not aware of them having released PCB design files for anything else. Perhaps your educational purpose could convince them. I don't know if it's been discussed explicitly.
I suppose it's worth a try! Can you suggest a way to get in touch with "them" to ask?  I've emailed with salespeople at the "Pine Store," but I'm unsure whether they'd be the right ones to ask...
Try @Luke or @tllim here.
There is no plan to release the PCB source file.
You may consider Librem 5 phone instead. Here are the schematics:

https://source.puri.sm/Librem5/community...n-hardware

The devkit has the PCB source file, so you can use it. Concerning the phone itself:
> CEO Todd Weaver says that Purism needs to recover its development costs before releasing the Gerber files, which they are “thinking about releasing in a time capsule” of “3 years, 5 years, something like that.”

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to download from unknown source Vandal187UM 2 2,726 07-15-2021, 09:53 AM
Last Post: zsnell02
  Motherboards - backward compatibility - availability! --- 3 4,060 11-09-2020, 01:12 AM
Last Post: HappyHerwi
  Is the PinePhone board open source? jacobgadikian 1 3,079 02-11-2020, 05:41 AM
Last Post: dukla2000