LinAdmin2 banned?
As always, if you want the PinePhone to do whatever it is you'd like it to do, you are free to program ("code" is today's lingo I guess) it to do that. This is precisely what interests me about Pine64 products, not the low price. The low price is just a bonus.

Clearly though there is more to the @LinAdmin2 than what we saw in posts. He was apparently specifically told to do something and didn't do it. Thank you @evilbunny for the explanation.

I don't like seeing threads get locked but this one might be best done.
(11-28-2020, 09:30 AM)firefox-58 Wrote: AFAIK the story I can NOT agree.

I am also very very very disappointed with the usability of the PP as a real world device. We have here Beta releases which can not make or receive calls. and cannot send or receive SMS.  And this after months of develoment and selling the phones. If I had known that in end of November the phone can already not act as a phone I had never bought it!

Maybe his tone was a bit more offending, but we never get an appropriate answer of the burning question - would PP become a usable phone - and so I can understand him in his frustration. I do not know what was happening behind the scenes. But the posts I know do not give the reason for a ban.

The point is, the November timeframe is something you've come up with on your own, not something Pine64 (or any PP developer to my knowledge) promised. You have every right to be disappointed in the device if that is how you feel. Honestly, I was disappointed that the convergence feature didn't work out of the box in PostmarketOS like the video showed, but that doesn't mean I was scammed. That means that unfortunately, the devs probably only had a handful of displays to test against, and couldn't account for every display out there in the world. I'm also not happy that MMS support isn't quite ready yet, since that's crucial to my life, but that's also something I knew may take time to get right because years worth of complacency with closed-source, proprietary things has lead us to this point. My current ZenFone 2 is being held together with hot glue because I'm still waiting for that before switching over, but that is a wait that was very clearly part of this process. In the mean time, I'm having fun using the PP as a PDA and porting stuff to the phone, and I'm thankful to the devs for what they contribute.
(11-28-2020, 11:30 AM)patrickmollohan Wrote:
(11-28-2020, 09:30 AM)firefox-58 Wrote: AFAIK the story I can NOT agree.

I am also very very very disappointed with the usability of the PP as a real world device. We have here Beta releases which can not make or receive calls. and cannot send or receive SMS.  And this after months of develoment and selling the phones. If I had known that in end of November the phone can already not act as a phone I had never bought it!

Maybe his tone was a bit more offending, but we never get an appropriate answer of the burning question - would PP become a usable phone - and so I can understand him in his frustration. I do not know what was happening behind the scenes. But the posts I know do not give the reason for a ban.

The point is, the November timeframe is something you've come up with on your own, not something Pine64 (or any PP developer to my knowledge) promised. You have every right to be disappointed in the device if that is how you feel. Honestly, I was disappointed that the convergence feature didn't work out of the box in PostmarketOS like the video showed, but that doesn't mean I was scammed. That means that unfortunately, the devs probably only had a handful of displays to test against, and couldn't account for every display out there in the world. I'm also not happy that MMS support isn't quite ready yet, since that's crucial to my life, but that's also something I knew may take time to get right because years worth of complacency with closed-source, proprietary things has lead us to this point. My current ZenFone 2 is being held together with hot glue because I'm still waiting for that before switching over, but that is a wait that was very clearly part of this process. In the mean time, I'm having fun using the PP as a PDA and porting stuff to the phone, and I'm thankful to the devs for what they contribute.
 PP works nice as a linux gadget, but a PHONE is something other.

BTW: Someone here from Germany has an interest in a PP, UB-Touch edition, with an additional glass protector, additional softcover and a spare back cover? Requests please per PM