Software store doesnt generate anything in "Explore"
Since i received my Manjaro CE Convergence model it doesn't matter how many times i reflash to different releases I never have any apps that generate in the "Explore" tab of the software store. It is always blank. I can search apps and it finds them but it does not populate any for me to scroll through. The first time i open the software store after a fresh reflash i get an "unexpected system error" warning at the top of the screen. I have seen many videos of everyones software store populating apps so its starting to get frustrating. Any tips are appreciated in advance! This is running Phosh Beta2
(11-18-2020, 09:14 PM)LMalilil Wrote: Since i received my Manjaro CE Convergence model it doesn't matter how many times i reflash to different releases I never have any apps that generate in the "Explore" tab of the software store. It is always blank. I can search apps and it finds them but it does not populate any for me to scroll through. The first time i open the software store after a fresh reflash i get an "unexpected system error" warning at the top of the screen. I have seen many videos of everyones software store populating apps so its starting to get frustrating. Any tips are appreciated in advance! This is running Phosh Beta2
I've had the same problem. Fixed it by doing sudo pacman -Syu in terminal. -Syyu may be necessary.

You can also search for apps and install via terminal ex: sudo pacman -S falkon   which is a better funtioning browser in my opinion
(11-19-2020, 11:40 AM)rocket2nfinity Wrote:
(11-18-2020, 09:14 PM)LMalilil Wrote: Since i received my Manjaro CE Convergence model it doesn't matter how many times i reflash to different releases I never have any apps that generate in the "Explore" tab of the software store. It is always blank. I can search apps and it finds them but it does not populate any for me to scroll through. The first time i open the software store after a fresh reflash i get an "unexpected system error" warning at the top of the screen. I have seen many videos of everyones software store populating apps so its starting to get frustrating. Any tips are appreciated in advance! This is running Phosh Beta2
I've had the same problem. Fixed it by doing sudo pacman -Syu in terminal. -Syyu may be necessary.

You can also search for apps and install via terminal ex: sudo pacman -S falkon   which is a better funtioning browser in my opinion

I did both versions of the command and both completed with "there is nothing to do" but the explorer tab is still blank

I'd post a screenshot but the Screenshot app doesnt work either
You're right, something got broken in the latest build
(11-19-2020, 03:43 PM)rocket2nfinity Wrote: You're right, something got broken in the latest build
Yep... same problem here... phone just arrived.... nothing in "explore"...updated system... still nothing in "explore"
I want to add that updating using this same app doesn't work too.
I had to update using the terminal instead, which I always do on PC Manjaro anyway, so it's a non-issue to me.
in gnome-software logs I can see things like:

Code:
20:16:53:0794 Gs  Only 0 apps for recent list, hiding
20:16:53:0798 Gs  hiding category audio-video featured applications: found only 0 to show, need at least 9
20:16:53:0804 Gs  hiding category graphics featured applications: found only 0 to show, need at least 9
20:16:54:0057 Gs  Only 8 apps for popular list, hiding

I guess that's a feature ? ^^
That explains it.  I'd suggest searching and installing things from the terminal for now.
I definitely am a terminal/keyboard person. but let's be honest, on a phone a decent GUI is quite mandatory (maybe not with a physical keyboard !!!)
I really don't understand how ppl can be happy with sxmo right now ^^ (i3wm user speaking...)
would you browse the net with lynx ? I doubt it Smile
so I guess there still is pamac as GUI for package management !
When I enter a search string, f.e. "screenshot", the results will be displayed and I can install new software.
Most of the software will have problems, though.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Manjaro: Settings doesnt open nbh 0 499 09-24-2023, 05:25 PM
Last Post: nbh
  Where Does Manjaro Phosh Store Its Custom Keystrokes? jakfish 0 720 04-25-2023, 09:49 AM
Last Post: jakfish
  Can't install software via Discover or Terminal Kimberley van Buyten 2 1,493 06-10-2022, 02:13 AM
Last Post: shulamy
  fldigi software? drspastic 1 1,254 05-14-2022, 11:32 AM
Last Post: programmin
  Gnome Software broken Concrete_panda 2 2,600 10-16-2021, 05:27 PM
Last Post: ~Daniel~
  Manjaro Lomiri, accounts and software Uturn 0 1,442 03-05-2021, 08:40 AM
Last Post: Uturn
Question an OS Update is being offered on "Software" - should I do the update? kern707 5 5,682 11-18-2020, 07:59 PM
Last Post: nbh