Flash firmware - Bloody beginner tutorial needed
(11-17-2020, 12:30 PM)JF002 Wrote: Hello,

@jojuma I assume you have a pack of 3 sealed PineTimes running InfiniTime 0.7.1 or more ?

If that's the case, you can upgrade the firmware over-the-air using NRFConnect or Gadgetbridge. I recommend you update to version 0.9.0, as 0.8 contains some annoying bugs.

If you want to use Gadgetbridge: 
  • Launch Gadgetbridge, tap the "+" button and scan for you PineTime
  • When it's detected, tap on it to add it to the list of devices
  • If it's not already connected, tap on your PineTime in the device list to connect
  • Download the DFU file from the repo
  • Use any file manager on your phone to browse to that file and tap on it. It'll ask you which app to use to open the file. Choose Gadgetbridge application/firmware installer.
  • The OTA procedure should start, wait for a few minute, your PineTime should reboot on InfiniTime 0.9.0.
  • Do not forget to validate the new version 
On this page, you can find a link to a video showing how to use NRFConnect.

NOTE : BLE connection can be a little tricky. If you cannot find/connect your PineTime, try rebooting your phone and/or your pinetime (press the button for 5-10s)

Thanks for that detailed answer. I'm going to try that as soon as I got time.
The reason why I used nRF Connect initially was because Gadgetbridge didn't find the Pinetime, no matter what I tried. Can you imagine a reason for that? I'd prefer Gadgetbridge, but if I can't connect the Pinetime, nRF Connect must do the job. At least, it found the Pinetime immediatly...

Messages In This Thread
RE: Flash firmware - Bloody beginner tutorial needed - by jojuma - 11-18-2020, 04:57 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need HELP with firmware update jojuma 4 5,959 03-25-2021, 05:22 AM
Last Post: jojuma
  Article: Debug Rust+Mynewt Firmware for PineTime on Raspberry Pi lupyuen 4 6,564 01-24-2020, 05:20 AM
Last Post: lupyuen
  Article: Build and Flash Rust+Mynewt Firmware for PineTime Smart Watch lupyuen 8 10,596 01-18-2020, 01:01 AM
Last Post: clover