What to do with mainboards removed from phones ?
(11-11-2020, 05:59 PM)wibble Wrote: We've got the schematics to check, including those for the board in the battery. IIRC the wifi and modem require a battery as that's where they get their power for the radio parts due to the high current they can demand.

(11-11-2020, 06:14 PM)hiimtye Wrote: I haven't tested it but wouldn't the USB-C connector be sufficient to power the device? you can test with your existing one and if it works order a spare one from the spare parts section on the pine store for the pine phone

Just booted my phone without the battery and can confirm that neither the modem or wifi work.

To answer the original question, I think setting up a failover WAN connection for your home network could be a fun project.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What to do with mainboards removed from phones ? - by ThrillGates - 11-11-2020, 10:00 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1.2b revision Pinephone mainboards, Discounts ? bcnaz 4 4,255 12-28-2020, 04:25 PM
Last Post: kuleszdl
  can I get the hardware addresses of Pine Phones devices? blicken 2 3,400 02-16-2020, 12:59 PM
Last Post: wibble