Enabling internal USB expansion power
Hi ya'll,

So I'm a pinetab noob trying to make lora go. I have some questions about the internal USB hub routing.

The block diagram on page 2 of the schematic says "SATA SSD" port(?) connected to the four port internal usb hub (via HOST-DP2/DM2):

[Image: HrZ08pT.png]

But if I look on page 16 of the schematic is says that the "Docking" port is connected to port DP2/DM2 on the hub.  Also the docking portion of the schematic seems to have presence sensing to control power for that port.  So I assume it really is the "docking" connector for the keyboard add on.

[Image: HwU7wxr.png]
So is the correct internal expansion port actually the "usb host" connected to HOST-DP1/DM1?
If so, I suspect the reason I don't see my lora device is that I need to turn on GPIO0-LDO on the PMIC?  Does anyone know how to do that yet?  (Or even how to get pmic status in /proc or somesuch so I can poke around?

Alternatively: Is there a recommended way to open the case on the Pinetab (so I can physically look to confirm that the Lora board that was supposed to be installed is actually present  Smile )

Thanks much!

Um - I think I might have found the problem.  I don't see a lora module inside.  Where is the internal M.2 board supposed to be?

[Image: 3eolEYd.jpg]

(10-29-2020, 03:17 AM)geeksville Wrote: Um - I think I might have found the problem.  I don't see a lora module inside.  Where is the internal M.2 board supposed to be?  Is it supposed to be under that EMI tape in the bottom right ("SATA") because if so, I've got nothing connected there.

[Image: 3eolEYd.jpg]
Take a look here and here
(10-29-2020, 04:09 AM)guenther Wrote: Take a look here and here

Thanks those pictures were super useful.  Alas, it seems like there was an issue in shipping and the pine64 folks are working on it.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Not able to power on PineTab anymore zkajdan 3 355 12-26-2023, 04:38 PM
Last Post: FortunateFowl
Lightbulb Tutorial: (Internal SDR) Adding External Threaded Antenna Port RTP 2 3,166 02-20-2021, 06:43 PM
Last Post: RTP