Wifi and privacy switches
I have a Pinebook (not Pro), bought in March. Last week I updated to the current Manjaro-ARM, using wifi to connect to my router. The next day wifi did not work. No access points were visible. The command 'nmcli device wifi' told me that wifi was enabled. How do I find out whether the wifi chip is broken or has simply been disabled (accidentally?) by a privacy switch (if there is one)?
(09-03-2020, 08:31 AM)GavinW Wrote: I have a Pinebook (not Pro), bought in March. Last week I updated to the current Manjaro-ARM, using wifi to connect to my router. The next day wifi did not work. No access points were visible. The command 'nmcli device wifi' told me that wifi was enabled. How do I find out whether the wifi chip is broken or has simply been disabled (accidentally?) by a privacy switch (if there is one)?

There aren't any privacy switches in the non-Pro PBs. You could try going through the Arch (close enough to Manjaro) wiki on network configuration. There's sections concerning testing/verifying the status: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Net...n/Wireless
My problem definitely is a hardware fault. It persists if I replace the emmc disk with another, containing KDE Neon. I have plugged in an Edimax EW-7811Un wifi adapter, and now the network manager is displaying wifi access points. However, if I try to connect to my router, after a while I get "IP configuration was unavailable".  The configuration is unchanged from the time it worked before the problem. Other devices can communicate with my router by wifi, so the problem cannot lie with it. Can anyone suggest what I do next?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wifi gone! frank-zappa 0 1,558 11-26-2018, 02:35 PM
Last Post: frank-zappa