Can't get internet connection
hey,
just got my 512MB Pine64 with the native wifi module.
 installed debian as described on the newbies guide, the boot was successful.
 then connected it to my TV - just 1ft from the Wifi router, and of course managed to connect to my home WIFI network, with 75% reception.
all worked fine so far.
then started up iceweasel, but it didn't even manage to load Google - "server not found". 

are there any other internet/wifi configurations I need to be aware of? as I said its within the range of the network and authenticated to it.
also tried to connect with the Ethernet cable but it didnt recognize the network. well at least not automatically...

what should i do? 

thank you in advance.
(05-20-2016, 04:47 AM)galbez Wrote: hey,
 then connected it to my TV - just 1ft from the Wifi router, and of course managed to connect to my home WIFI network, with 75% reception.
all worked fine so far.
then started up iceweasel, but it didn't even manage to load Google - "server not found". 

are there any other internet/wifi configurations I need to be aware of? as I said its within the range of the network and authenticated to it.
also tried to connect with the Ethernet cable but it didnt recognize the network. well at least not automatically...

what should i do? 

thank you in advance.

hmmm... there are a few things. Open terminal please and type /sbin/ifconfig paste what it prints here.
I am on IRC for the next 4hrs - quicker to troubleshoot this sort of issue.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

(05-20-2016, 05:06 AM)Luke Wrote:
all worked fine so far.

what should i do? 

thank you in advance.

hmmm... there are a few things. Open terminal please and type /sbin/ifconfig paste what it prints here.

hey,
so i tried every possible static ip configuartion but i still cant get to any website. tried these configs both on my androidAP and my regular house's Wifi router.
any other idea what's wrong? should I format the microSD card and install Debian again? is there any other release suitable for 512MB DDR board?

thanks again...

nevermind folks...

managed to find this great thread which has the solution:
http://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?t...connection

just type in the terminal:
Code:
sudo ifdown eth0

that kills the Ethernet connection (if not used) and lets the Wifi to work properly.

thanks for the help on the IRC  Big Grin
can you link me to the download of Linux you used, please? I have debianmate-3.10.65bsp, and I tried running the command to kill Ethernet, and it worked, except now it's only showing Ethernet or VPN. I've also got the 512mb with the wifi adapter. I know the piece works because I had installed Ubuntu earlier and I was able to connect to wifi
(05-22-2016, 09:09 AM)joshdude58 Wrote: can you link me to the download of Linux you used, please? I have debianmate-3.10.65bsp, and I tried running the command to kill Ethernet, and it worked, except now it's only showing Ethernet or VPN. I've also got the 512mb with the wifi adapter. I know the piece works because I had installed Ubuntu earlier and I was able to connect to wifi

Are you asking about debian (3.10.101 ) ? You can get is from here. Hope this helps.

(05-20-2016, 09:17 AM)galbez Wrote:
(05-20-2016, 05:06 AM)Luke Wrote:
all worked fine so far.

what should i do? 

thank you in advance.

hey,
so i tried every possible static ip configuartion but i still cant get to any website. tried these configs both on my androidAP and my regular house's Wifi router.
any other idea what's wrong? should I format the microSD card and install Debian again? is there any other release suitable for 512MB DDR board?

thanks again...

nevermind folks...

managed to find this great thread which has the solution:
http://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?t...connection

just type in the terminal:
Code:
sudo ifdown eth0

that kills the Ethernet connection (if not used) and lets the Wifi to work properly.

thanks for the help on the IRC  Big Grin

glad you got it working mate Smile  pop by to chat at some point. Take care !
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Newbie unable to connect to internet Derek7 2 3,002 07-16-2021, 12:41 AM
Last Post: Derek7
  Laptop as a bridge for Rock64's internet connection dmitrymyadzelets 3 5,273 03-28-2018, 05:24 AM
Last Post: dmitrymyadzelets
  Stuck after getting connected to Internet Zettai 3 4,611 01-28-2017, 03:36 PM
Last Post: xalius
  Internet Necessity? Rickyroller5 3 4,797 10-24-2016, 07:43 PM
Last Post: MonarchOfLight
  Connection to pc Tarjei85 4 7,077 04-11-2016, 01:47 PM
Last Post: Tarjei85