Kinda upset at the lack of response to GBe issues
Dear Mark,

Unfortunately I have to go off topic and please do not see below as an attack on you. I'm really happy you are on the forums.

Quote:19 / 38000+ = 0.0005
However this number mumbo jumbo you use here and say only 0.05% has a GBe issue is NOT statistics.

If you want to use your poll for statics first get enough responses. there aren't enough respondents at this moment for statics. secondly first use the numbers from the poll to calculate a statistical value and translate this to the complete population.

So here is what you should do (if there are enough respondents) 'no of defective gbe boards' / 'number of respondents' = 'percentage defective gbe'.

Now the number of respondents is too low to use statistics. We are in danger that the people who have gbe issues are over represented in your poll.

Quote: knowing that the number isn't going to be 2,000
I don't know how get this number, but you didn't use statistics to get it. Getting a reliable estimate for the number off defective gbe boards' might be difficult. An estimate on how many people want a replacement is easier to obtain. That can be done by sending out a survey to all the people who have a pine with gbe.

Mark I hope you keep on sharing your expertise, knowledge and positive spunk on these forums. But don't try to use your statistics when I'm around. I will not let you fool people so easily.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kinda upset at the lack of response to GBe issues - by Boring - 09-01-2016, 11:10 PM