Kinda upset at the lack of response to GBe issues
(09-01-2016, 12:35 PM)amc2012 Wrote: I wish, since we know this is a PINE hardware issue now, that they would just acknowledge this and send us new boards. I bought into this project (VERY early on, as I have noted before) BECAUSE of the GbE. Were it not for that, I would have stuck with my RaspberryPi, which did Fast Ethernet just fine.

hi,  I am just wondering, what is your use case?

... in practical application I have yet to see my board (on fast ethernet  100 /full) operate at speeds even close to 100mb/s;  even to memory tmpfs.  All of the other components on the board really make having a GbE port kinda useless; in fact, its just silly actually-- its like putting a super-charger on a model-T Ford.

I am very curious ( now that I am 99% sure this is strictly a hardware issue on these boards ) just what it is [ bad chip, missing cap, improper resistor, cold solder joint, &c] it really doesn't matter. The one board that does not do GbE is plugged into my GbE switch with a four wire cable clicking along in practical terms at something less than 100mb/s and life goes on. 

My question for all GbE customers out there ( just morose curiosity ) what is your use case where GbE is going to buy you realization that you don't already have with 100mb/s ?
marcushh777    Cool

please join us for a chat @  irc.pine64.xyz:6667   or ssl  irc.pine64.xyz:6697

( I regret that I am not able to respond to personal messages;  let's meet on irc! )

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kinda upset at the lack of response to GBe issues - by MarkHaysHarris777 - 09-01-2016, 05:28 PM