Kinda upset at the lack of response to GBe issues
(08-18-2016, 07:41 AM)clarkss12 Wrote: Perhaps I am missing something with your poll.  My Ethernet port works in Linux, but not in Android or Remix OS.  That is not an option on your poll???  Or is this discussion only for Linux people??

Excellent point.

... we are hoping that folks inclined to do so would take the poll (supposed to be OS independent) and then in the body of their post indicate the specifics of their use case; for instance (numbers) and anything else useful , like for instance the OS of choice.

The poll is for everyone using the PineA64, regardless of OS, and regardless of use case.  We're looking for patterns and deliberately are not trying to lead or guide the survey.

Thanks for the good question

@ pfeerick

(08-18-2016, 03:59 AM)pfeerick Wrote: ... I will again reiterate that consumer legislation can and does render this statement void. I'm not versed in US law (and more specifically, California's), but I find it hard to believe that you have no consumer protections in place to prevent all warranty conditions from being stripped. 

However, you are still missing the point entirely. I was pointing out that a company that tried to rely on legalise like this, even if they managed to make an argument that is was legally binding, would become a very broke company indeed, 

You have so far been discussing this issue as though Pine Inc were Ford Motor Co. 

... Pine Inc is NOT providing a product for consumers in the startup. (this is not about consumer protection)  Pine Inc asked for money to form a startup...  they are specifically NOT providing a product in the kickstarter... they are asking for investors in a product , the reward for which is a sample(s) of the prototypes. By the vary nature of the transaction consumer protection legislation is mute, because everyone up front knows that this prototype is new, is experimental, has never been commercially tested nor verified, and that (by the nature of the formal agreement under the label) the prototype is NOT WARRANTED for anything, for any period of time, at all, period.  And the labeling says just that.

Comsumer boycott does not come into play either... just the opposite actually, investors have been asked to invest in something that does not (as yet) exist, and when produced is experimental, and in fact may not work... the investor by definition is making and taking a RISK.  (consumer protection laws do not come into play with that either).

The main point in this argument is that Pine Inc was not producing a product for the community; rather, they were producing a company who was offering a prototype for the opportunity to invest in a new venture-- the rewards of which (the prototype) would be provided (as the agreement states) soley on an "as is" basis.  You take it or you leave it, but its not warranted for anything, for any time period, at all. The whole point is that there IS NO WARRANTY on the prototypes produced by a startup company.

Once the company is established , and the products are tested , things change. (but not for the investors of the startup).

Further, the role of the investors (pertaining to the prototypes) is to help (cost free) with the testing of the product prototypes!  The investors get the honor of partaking in that product testing.  Now Pine Inc knows that it has an issue with the ethernet port;  thank you all very much.  Investors are not consumers, they are investors, and they subsequently become beta testers...  again, consumer product protection legislation is mute on this also.
marcushh777    Cool

please join us for a chat @  irc.pine64.xyz:6667   or ssl  irc.pine64.xyz:6697

( I regret that I am not able to respond to personal messages;  let's meet on irc! )

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kinda upset at the lack of response to GBe issues - by MarkHaysHarris777 - 08-18-2016, 08:55 AM