Kinda upset at the lack of response to GBe issues
(08-17-2016, 06:12 PM)pfeerick Wrote:
(08-17-2016, 03:01 AM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote: hi pfeerick,  there is another way to look at this issue, as well. 

... and that is the legal way to look at it from the standpoint of the agreement on the back of every cardboard box that the PineA64 board is shipped in. 

---

Again, I am asking for everyone to engage in some common sense cooperation and collaboration.  It would be much better for us (mostly volunteers and users) to work together to solve this issue, than to beat-up Pine Inc, or engage in silly flame-war attacks on each other.  I'm not the enemy;  I'm trying to help.  Let's work together and lets get this figured out. But let's do it in a civil polite manner that is respectful and conducive to cooperation and effective collaboration; that's all I'm asking.

If you really want to start that argument with a law student...  Exclamation

I can tell you for a fact that the argument you proposed will NOT fly in Australia... it has been legislated that in addition to the express warranty provided by a manufacturer, that there are rights that cannot be waived, one of which is that a product is fit for purpose. This would naturally apply more to purchases from the pine64 store, as the kickstarter is presented as a chance to support, rather than purchase transaction.

However, I do not want to start that argument and as I pointed out, the real issue is that for the people who backed/purchased the pine64 with the intention of using the GbE, it's not working for them. Enough said! Lets  get back to fixing the problem!

Some jurisdictions don't allow for exclusions... it also says that right on the box too.  But that was not my point... my point was that Pine Inc has explicitly stated, essentially,  "this product is not suitable for anything".

The risk for suitability is with the customer.  (that is the intent).  My point is that no one made anyone any promises. Much of that was assumed. Please see my poll , and whether you're affected directly or not, please take the poll, and fill out the requested data... we will get to the bottom of this.
marcushh777    Cool

please join us for a chat @  irc.pine64.xyz:6667   or ssl  irc.pine64.xyz:6697

( I regret that I am not able to respond to personal messages;  let's meet on irc! )

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kinda upset at the lack of response to GBe issues - by MarkHaysHarris777 - 08-17-2016, 06:21 PM