Unable to login due to the password change
Out of curiosity, I put UBports back on my eMMC to try it for myself. If you use Jumpdrive and connect the phone to a computer, then the steps are as follows (this assumes you have a Linux PC. If you're on Windows, you might want to do this in a Linux VM with USB passthrough via Virtualbox or other hypervisor, as the filesystem is Ext4):

1) Pull off the phone back, take out the battery, insert the microSD card which contains Jumpdrive, and put the cover back on
2) Connect the phone to a computer via the USB-C cable so it turns on
3) # mkdir tmp
4) # sudo mount /dev/sdc10 tmp (Assuming your eMMC is sdc. Do a "sudo fdisk -l" to find out)
5) # sudo nano tmp/system-data/var/lib/extrausers/shadow
6) ---> phablet:::0:99999:7::: (Erase the password hash entirely so it looks like this, where the entire field between the colons is gone, then save)
7) # sudo umount tmp

8)  Pull the phone apart again, take out microSD, restart phone and you won't have a lock screen password anymore.

Then, open the System Settings app, go into Security & Privacy, and change the Locking option from Swipe to Passphrase. You'll get the regular alpha-numeric keyboard when unlocking afterwards.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Unable to login due to the password change - by YepYepperson - 08-05-2020, 10:21 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fix for online account login Nooblife 1 2,620 07-11-2021, 03:30 AM
Last Post: Uturn
  Unable to make a phone call bingo600 4 6,985 07-23-2020, 10:18 AM
Last Post: israel
  SSH wont connect [Permission denied (publickey,password)]. LMalilil 3 5,545 06-23-2020, 12:27 PM
Last Post: LMalilil