Unable to login due to the password change
(08-02-2020, 10:31 PM)YepYepperson Wrote: Use Jumpdrive to either reflash and start over, or to mount the internal storage on a computer and null out the password hash in /etc/shadow.

https://wiki.pine64.org/index.php?title=...structions

From what I remember, UBPorts does support alphanumeric passphrases, but you have to select that option in the settings. Otherwise, you won't get the correct keyboard on the lock screen.
Yes, I installed jumpdrive, but what are the specific commands I can use to mount eMMC in the computer? Also, there is not enough info for telnet options. Is there an option to factory reset UBPorts via telnet? When connected it looks like many usual Linux commands are not available.
Please advise.
Thanks.

(08-03-2020, 08:16 AM)daniel Wrote: I wonder if you boot from microSD do you have access to eMMC disk? so then you would have access to files, fix, and remove microSD, to boot in your previous system without the need to reinstall.

Yes, I understand your concept. Boot from SD card navigate to eMMC file tree and edit the /etc/passwd/ file? Need to try this out. Will update later.
Thanks.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Unable to login due to the password change - by pine_usr - 08-04-2020, 02:44 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fix for online account login Nooblife 1 2,620 07-11-2021, 03:30 AM
Last Post: Uturn
  Unable to make a phone call bingo600 4 6,985 07-23-2020, 10:18 AM
Last Post: israel
  SSH wont connect [Permission denied (publickey,password)]. LMalilil 3 5,545 06-23-2020, 12:27 PM
Last Post: LMalilil