Purchase Convergence mainboard
I am an early supporter and adopter of the Braveheart PinePhone. I thought there would be no major revisions to the hardware (just bug fixes) when I went and pledged my support. Now I see a significantly improved Convergence edition mainboard and feel like I would have been better served waiting, certainly not the mindset any of us want for the project's success. We need to be sure that us pioneers will be properly supported throughout the project, else how can we expect anyone to risk early support?

To this end I request the ability to purchase a Convergence edition mainboard to update my device, and not be left out of the 3GB ram / 32GB EMMC party because I believed in PinePhone before the masses. I don't regret my support, nor am I looking for a handout, just the freedom to purchase an upgrade.
(07-18-2020, 07:50 AM)brb78 Wrote: I am an early supporter and adopter of the Braveheart PinePhone. I thought there would be no major revisions to the hardware (just bug fixes) when I went and pledged my support. Now I see a significantly improved Convergence edition mainboard and feel like I would have been better served waiting, certainly not the mindset any of us want for the project's success. We need to be sure that us pioneers will be properly supported throughout the project, else how can we expect anyone to risk early support?

To this end I request the ability to purchase a Convergence edition mainboard to update my device, and not be left out of the 3GB ram / 32GB EMMC party because I believed in PinePhone before the masses. I don't regret my support, nor am I looking for a handout, just the freedom to purchase an upgrade.
You're not the only one.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
I would love to be able to purchase the 3GB mainboard for my BH.

Perhaps allowing a discount price if you cross-ship your functioning BH board for Pine64 to resell as a discount refurb?
Welcome to early adoption. It'll be interesting to see if PINE64 elect to sell the convergence kit board, but it's apparent that the typical 2GB / 16GB configuration is the mainstay.

I don't believe this to be an issue - these units are sold with zero margin (discounting the $10 stipend for the associated project.)
Designations  :  ?

I  'think'  the 1.2a is the revised 1.2 main board  ...  with 16gb eMMC  with 2gb ram   . . . ?

SO  what is the designation  of the upgraded  32gb eMMC with 3gb of ram,  and is the main board itself any different  ?

Thanks  !
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(07-18-2020, 01:06 PM)bcnaz Wrote: Designations  :  ?

I  'think'  the 1.2a is the revised 1.2 main board  ...  with 16gb eMMC  with 2gb ram   . . . ?

SO  what is the designation  of the upgraded  32gb eMMC with 3gb of ram,  and is the main board itself any different  ?

Thanks  !

There is no difference in the board revision for the 3GB model. It's just 1.2a, as is the postmarketOS edition with 2GBs of ram.

They cannot promise the 3GB mainboards will be availible, as it depends if they can get more of the 3GB ram chips used in the convergence model postmarketOS edition.
I took the 1.2a designation as being about the USB-C CC issue being fixed by stuffing the board with the alternate component, so we could do with some explanation of board version numbers. In any event the availability of an upgrade/replacement main board would be welcome, both for early adopters wanting to upgrade, and anyone who manages to break it somehow.
That would be really nice. I have the UBPorts Community Edition, and, if the Convergence mainboard would be available for sale, I would for certain purchase it, especially considering the issues with the USB PD. I would really love to be able to use a USB dock with it.
Right now, even after desoldering those two switches, my phone doesn't work with the Type-C dock that I use with my laptop.
(07-19-2020, 10:24 AM)andreigatea Wrote: That would be really nice. I have the UBPorts Community Edition, and, if the Convergence mainboard would be available for sale, I would for certain purchase it, especially considering the issues with the USB PD. I would really love to be able to use a USB dock with it.
Right now, even after desoldering those two switches, my phone doesn't work with the Type-C dock that I use with my laptop.
i think you need to solder the new switch parts in place of the removed ones for the dock to work fully. This is what the talk of local workshops to do repair is about if you aren't capable of doing it yourself.
+1
At the moment the shop only lists BH mainboards, and even those are out of stock.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  No calls on Pine Phone Beta convergence edition polypode 1 1,167 03-06-2023, 08:04 PM
Last Post: rocket2nfinity
  Issues with HDMI-out from convergence dock folgaran 1 1,195 06-16-2022, 04:35 PM
Last Post: alaraajavamma
  What PD charger/dock combo results in PP battery not draining while using convergence james8880 0 1,457 04-28-2022, 12:45 PM
Last Post: james8880
  Pinephone convergence dock issue. Joshua 2 2,096 12-27-2021, 03:11 PM
Last Post: nelstomlinson
  Convergence: battery is constantly discharging/charging arjan1995 5 4,491 06-04-2021, 02:38 AM
Last Post: dsimic
  Mainboard replacement does not boot/charge boarf 2 2,766 05-02-2021, 10:47 AM
Last Post: boarf
  Pinephone mainboard v1.2 documentation update? scholbert 1 2,643 01-18-2021, 09:01 PM
Last Post: bokomaru
  Does convergence dock have to be 'activated' in software? tgz 5 5,428 01-10-2021, 12:02 PM
Last Post: dsimic
  Any mainboard revisions past 1.2b, upcoming KDE release/etc tgz 2 3,003 01-09-2021, 12:03 PM
Last Post: tgz
  Pinephone Mainboard Replacement Issues Stringbean 15 12,837 12-29-2020, 11:05 AM
Last Post: Stringbean