Random Vibration
Is anyone else's PinePhone just vibrating at random? The vibration doesn't stop until I power cycle the phone, it sometimes causes my buttons and screen to become unresponsive. I have the BH version. There is no action that causes it that I have noticed, it can start while the screen is off, opening an app, or swiping. I am on dev 71, I also had this issue a couple times while it was on stable.

Edit: UBports is the OS
(07-04-2020, 01:11 PM)WallStreet Wrote: Is anyone else's PinePhone just vibrating at random? The vibration doesn't stop until I power cycle the phone, it sometimes causes my buttons and screen to become unresponsive. I have the BH version. There is no action that causes it that I have noticed, it can start while the screen is off, opening an app, or swiping. I am on dev 71, I also had this issue a couple times while it was on stable.

There's a few reports of it here https://gitlab.com/ubports/community-por...issues/137 No background information though. Seems it has happened more than once to you? How often?
(07-04-2020, 01:11 PM)WallStreet Wrote: Is anyone else's PinePhone just vibrating at random? The vibration doesn't stop until I power cycle the phone, it sometimes causes my buttons and screen to become unresponsive. I have the BH version. There is no action that causes it that I have noticed, it can start while the screen is off, opening an app, or swiping. I am on dev 71, I also had this issue a couple times while it was on stable.

Possible the vibrator cable been pinch by the case. Just peel off back cover, unscrew the plastic insert and vibrator (round metal) locates at lower right corner. Readjust the cable so that not get pinch by case.
(07-08-2020, 12:05 AM)tllim Wrote:

Possible the vibrator cable been pinch by the case. Just peel off back cover, unscrew the plastic insert and vibrator (round metal) locates at lower right corner. Readjust the cable so that not get pinch by case.

I will have to take a look at that. I haven't had the issue since I posted this funny enough. If it happens again I am going to pull it apart and make sure all the cables are good to go.
Thanks for the info!

That happened two times on my Brave Heart edition,  

once on Debian/Phosh,    and once on Mobian.
  I think in my case it was triggered by an incoming text message.  Normally just a short burst.
But those two times it stuck on.
  It caused the rest of the phone functions to freeze.
   I had to do a hard shut down to turn off the phone.

But on a restart it went away both times.
I've also encountered this a few times on my pinephone. I just tried taking the back off to check the wires and didn't see any signs of them being pinched by the case.

The first time I encountered the vibration I had tried to open and browse a large (~100MB) PDF file in Mobian running from the SD card. This caused the phone to become laggy, apps wouldn't close, and RAM usage seemed to be continually increasing. After a few minutes of that the phone started vibrating until I powered it off with the power button.

I encountered it two other times while testing how fast the battery drained while watching YouTube videos in Firefox ESR on Mobian installed to emmc. It happened about 35 minutes into a video, and then again after I had restarted and had a video playing for another 15 or 20 minutes. I haven't encountered it at any other point when leaving the phone on or running other programs for longer periods of time.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UBports CE: No sound or vibration? ajdunevent 3 5,283 06-26-2020, 01:26 PM
Last Post: ajdunevent