Bluetooth Toggle seems to swicth back on / after flicked off
The one problem I am getting is when going into settings> bluetooth and toggle it off, it seems to toggle back on,
I can use terminal and service bluetooth stop and it works, 

Tried running systemctl to stop it at boot, but the filesystem is slightly diffrent from desktop.

Is this a known bug or Am I missing something.  I hope in future versions it is possible to add Bluetooth to it's own killswitch on the phone.

But for now, I have to use terminal to stop bluetooth as the system settings seems to toggle it back on.

I would like to turn bluetooth serivice off at boot as I don't use it / want / or need it. and the toggle doesn't seem to want to toggle off.

TLDR; is there anyway to turn bluetooth off at boot with the pinephone n ubports.
thanks.
I too find bluetooth cannot be deactivated. This is true on stable 4. I rarely use bluetooth as well so I keep the hardware switch inactive. It would be nice to have a back cover with a window over the the switch bank to access the switches without having to remove the cover.
Same.
Same. Had issues on most recent stable/rc/dev. Phone seems to also run a bit on the warm side.
warm? mine got rebooted because it was so hot! I thought the phone was going to die, but after a while, it got cooler and it worked again...
(07-06-2020, 06:07 AM)Bogus Wrote: I too find bluetooth cannot be deactivated. This is true on stable 4. I rarely use bluetooth as well so I keep the hardware switch inactive. It would be nice to have a back cover with a window over the the switch bank to access the switches without having to remove the cover.
I'm having the same issue with bluetooth: imppossible to turn it off.

You say you disabled it from the hardware switch...but you also disable wifi that way !?
(By what I read on other threads, some people managed to turn bluetooth off...)

Couldn't there be a command line solution Rolleyes ?
(08-01-2020, 10:09 AM)Nora No Wrote:
(07-06-2020, 06:07 AM)Bogus Wrote: I too find bluetooth cannot be deactivated. This is true on stable 4. I rarely use bluetooth as well so I keep the hardware switch inactive. It would be nice to have a back cover with a window over the the switch bank to access the switches without having to remove the cover.
I'm having the same issue with bluetooth: imppossible to turn it off.

You say you disabled it from the hardware switch...but you also disable wifi that way !?
(By what I read on other threads, some people managed to turn bluetooth off...)

Couldn't there be a command line solution Rolleyes ?
I actually turned it off using

Code:
sudo service bluetooth stop
I have the opposite problem, mine won't stay on.

Ubuntu 16.04 from 2020-07-04
No SIM
WiFi works, verified all hardware switches ON, including switch 2
Bluetooth does not turn on at start.

In Ubuntu Touch, I toggle Bluetooth to ON, it stays there for 30 seconds, does not recognize any device, not discoverable, then switches back to OFF automatically.

Is there a trick to this?  Out of the box Bluetooth not working.  I have also tried disabling WiFi (software).  Result is the same.  Will a SIM card be required for Bluetooth to work?  Or do I need a software package?

OK, update: after reboot, bluetooth working with Sony WF-1000XM3, but no WiFi.  Either bluetooth OR WiFi will work, but not together at the same time.  Hardware specs say both, but the specs never said "at the same time"  Big Grin

Also, now Bluetooth software toggle will not stay off, same as other posts.
(08-04-2020, 07:13 PM)Phillip Bell Wrote: I have the opposite problem, mine won't stay on.

Ubuntu 16.04 from 2020-07-04
No SIM
WiFi works, verified all hardware switches ON, including switch 2
Bluetooth does not turn on at start.

In Ubuntu Touch, I toggle Bluetooth to ON, it stays there for 30 seconds, does not recognize any device, not discoverable, then switches back to OFF automatically.

Is there a trick to this?  Out of the box Bluetooth not working.  I have also tried disabling WiFi (software).  Result is the same.  Will a SIM card be required for Bluetooth to work?  Or do I need a software package?

OK, update: after reboot, bluetooth working with Sony WF-1000XM3, but no WiFi.  Either bluetooth OR WiFi will work, but not together at the same time.  Hardware specs say both, but the specs never said "at the same time"  Big Grin

Also, now Bluetooth software toggle will not stay off, same as other posts.
Give a try to :

Code:
sudo service bluetooth start
Here's what I've done to fix it. Use at your own risk, but so far I haven't had any issues:

sudo mount / -o rw,remount
echo 'KERNEL=="rfkill", OWNER="root", GROUP="phablet"' > 99-rfkill.rules
sudo mv 99-rfkill.rules /etc/udev/rules.d/

Then reboot the phone. Tada, the toggles in both the Settings app and the pull down menu in Lomiri work.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pinephone 3G Bluetooth Working Pretty Well With Latest Mobian Updates rmcg 0 2,469 09-27-2020, 10:22 PM
Last Post: rmcg
  Is bluetooth lag for A/V playback due to SD card? Cree 1 2,731 08-02-2020, 06:30 PM
Last Post: hiimtye
  Noobiest of noob question - how to go back or exit in ubports ReleaseTheGeese 3 4,917 07-10-2020, 03:31 PM
Last Post: heng