What is the most polished OS for pinephone?
I have recently been looming at buying a pinephone and pinebook and am now looking at the pinetime. However, I was wondering if there was an OS for pinetime with a decent UI? What would be the most polished one? Thanks in advance, Coolguy129.

Moderator edit: Moving to Pinephone forum, (from PineTime forum).\

Edit: Sorry, didn't make it clear that I was looking for an OS for pinetime.
This is a difficult question to answer, if because AFAIK none of the existing OS for PineTime can really be regarded as feature complete at this stage. I'm the main developer for wasp-os so I'm don't want to do a feature by feature comparison since my bias would probably be pretty obvious... However do let me try some shameless self promotion instead:

If you're interested in what wasp-os can already do then see the documentation or perhaps the most recent video (although since that video was shot I have added a slider widget to the settings app). To see what  (I think) is still missing then take a look at the roadmap.

There... self promotion over!

Looking more widely even without being feature complete the PineTime is still usable as a timepiece. I've been wearing my PineTime daily for a couple of months now and I suspect other developers have as well. If you are interested in all the options there is a list of all the PineTime OS projects on the PineTime wiki and there are lots of other interesting videos of some the other PineTime operating systems if you go looking (the Littlevgl demos that exploit the scrolling hardware often look especially slick). I should probably also call out the bootloader plumbing work that @lupyuen is currently doing since that will make it easier to do OTA updates to swap between the different OS projects.
PineTime: wasp-os and MicroPython, Pinebook Pro:  Debian Bullseye
(06-02-2020, 03:01 AM)danielt Wrote: This is a difficult question to answer, if because AFAIK none of the existing OS for PineTime can really be regarded as feature complete at this stage. I'm the main developer for wasp-os so I'm don't want to do a feature by feature comparison since my bias would probably be pretty obvious... However do let me try some shameless self promotion instead:

If you're interested in what wasp-os can already do then see the documentation or perhaps the most recent video (although since that video was shot I have added a slider widget to the settings app). To see what  (I think) is still missing then take a look at the roadmap.

There... self promotion over!

Looking more widely even without being feature complete the PineTime is still usable as a timepiece. I've been wearing my PineTime daily for a couple of months now and I suspect other developers have as well. If you are interested in all the options there is a list of all the PineTime OS projects on the PineTime wiki and there are lots of other interesting videos of some the other PineTime operating systems if you go looking (the Littlevgl demos that exploit the scrolling hardware often look especially slick). I should probably also call out the bootloader plumbing work that @lupyuen is currently doing since that will make it easier to do OTA updates to swap between the different OS projects.

Thanks. It seems to me after looking through the list of Operating Systems on the wiki that Wasp OS is most likely the most polished. I also love the expandability of it. Thanks for developing Wasp OS and for pointing me in the right direction.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  No notifications from PinePhone Pro bent 0 927 07-27-2022, 04:28 PM
Last Post: bent
  PineTime re-connect to PInephone kmsgli 8 5,108 01-01-2022, 08:05 PM
Last Post: kmsgli
  PineTime + PinePhone (Mobian/Siglo) battlegarden 1 2,532 11-30-2021, 10:40 AM
Last Post: tvall