games
Hello
I have just installed to my pinebook the Xenial image. What games do you have tried?

I have just tested Openarena and is kind of slow....but playable. Maybe with some tweaks...
I tried :

AisleRiot Solitair

Sudoku

Mines

Tongue
marcushh777    Cool

please join us for a chat @  irc.pine64.xyz:6667   or ssl  irc.pine64.xyz:6697

( I regret that I am not able to respond to personal messages;  let's meet on irc! )
if you run 0.7.X then you can install retroarch by adding the PPA. Disable window compositing and in mate tweak. See the linked script in this post
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

(08-05-2017, 02:52 AM)Luke Wrote: if you run 0.7.X then you can install retroarch by adding the PPA. Disable window compositing and in mate tweak. See the linked script in this post

Im not really interested on retroarch. I have a orange pi lite ready with retropie. I like to test some other games. I think the xenial image doesnt support hardware acceleration?
(08-05-2017, 11:38 AM)abrmx Wrote:
(08-05-2017, 02:52 AM)Luke Wrote: if you run 0.7.X then you can install retroarch by adding the PPA. Disable window compositing and in mate tweak. See the linked script in this post

Im not really interested on retroarch. I have a orange pi lite ready with retropie. I like to test some other games. I think the xenial image doesnt support hardware acceleration?

You'll need to update to 0.7.X and follow the steps outlined in ayufan's git to enable it. There are still some features in these pre-release images that are missing or not working properly.

I have just did. I watch the same fps (or almost)

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk
I run this via wine and I'm totally happy
[Image: aA4mSGO.png]
where did you find Wine for Pinebook?
you need an x86 compatibility layer first though (something like https://eltechs.com/product/exagear-desktop/ should work, expect a 20-30% loss compared to x86 on this plus x86 is simply faster per mhz (more instructions per clock))

this basically means you may expect the arm's cpu speed divided by 2 (including wine's loss) at it's fastest for an x86 emulation (1200mhz per core/2 = 600mhz per core max speed at x86 emulation)
this does mean that you're getting 4 cores on 600mhz basically means if a game uses 1 core, you can almost achieve the xbox's cpu power (which was 'only' 700mhz back in the 2000 era)

this basically means you can play most windows ports of xbox games on the pinebook, same goes for playstation 2 games made for pc as well.

for older consoles and arcade games you can use mame for sure.

i hope this helps, ramon
somebody ought to try out ExaGear for the purpose of emulating x86. They even list Pine64 as a supported board (so presumably it would also work on the PB).