Whoohoo!!! It's BACK!
Anyone wanna buy a mostly linux but totally locked down 10" ereader for $100 used.
Or the same thing new for $399.

No?

Or would you like to buy a system where:
- the code is free if you wanna see if you can get black and white 30fps no flicker animation?
- you want to syncthing it with your life
- you want to rsync it with your life
- you want to load all of your information ... pdf's ebooks... over wifi or usb or (pray they add a sd card) ...
- you want to run your email client
- your browser
- your calendar
- your any one of 65k debian packages applications
- you want to solder a SD card port on it (if it doesnt come with one, I will pay $50 for the first person who does...my old remarkable had that hack)
- you want to crack the screen and be able to buy a new screen and make it work (again praying we can open/repair it)
- you want to VNC viewer to become a screen extension of your desktop?
- you want to add a bt keyboard and a bt mouse with a roller and probably (distro is X11) alt scroll wheel to zoom in and out and use this is a yes, I can sit on the beach and earn a living while getting a tan.
- (you see where this is going?)
- basically...you want to do anything with this...you can.
(try that with a competitive product)

So, OP 9+ is worth $150?  kb elip is worth $150...what trash and I going to sell to get that extra $100.

You guys rock.  I'm challenging myself to become the first order once it hits the store.

Bill

Ok, so I downloaded PINENOTE_MAIN-V1R2 - Schematic-20210824.pdf. It looks like it has:
- SD card slot?? lots of mentions about SD switches and stuff. Really hoping that's there and that the speed is decent.
- USB 3.0 could be faster but isnt a slouch.
- and I saw on that schmatic...JTAG ports!!!!...I pray they are document which may prevent me from bricking another device when I flash it wrong! Such a valuable feature if it's there. A $25 JTAG "resurrection spell"!
I am not as proficient with the coding aspects of Linux just yet. But I would very much like to have an out of the box working and supported ereader that I can load just about anything to. I am really pulling for this project.
www.howtogeek.com/pine64-pinenote-linux-tablet-returns
Devices: Pinebook Pro & Pinephone (Braveheart)