Python3 cli app to bridge SMS/MMS to matrix/riot.im
quick edit: My script is almost done. SMS/MMS/Group chats are all bridged to matrix and I've been using it without issue for over a month now.
I just a couple things left to do and then I'll clean it up. Please give it a try!
https://gitlab.com/untidylamp/ofono-matrix-puppet

Original post:

I'm working on an app that will allow you to send/receive SMS and MMS messages from the web using Matrix/riot.im

here is the very first version with a really bad readme file. as of right now only SMSes work but I have the code for ofono to send/receive MMS. I just need to figure out how to send files to matrix and then put it in the script.

I'm not very good at programming but I'm learning. Hopefully someone else finds what I'm working on useful or maybe it will help them build a more reliable web texting app Smile

I'm also interested in running a VoIP server on my phone so that I can use a VoIP app on another device to send/receive calls from my cell number without forwarding calls to a VoIP provider. That way I'll just leave my little server PinePhone at home on all the time but be able to do everything a phone can from any other device with a data connection. I have no idea where to start with this so I'll just be forwarding calls to my VoIP provider for now.

Messages In This Thread
Python3 cli app to bridge SMS/MMS to matrix/riot.im - by FutureBucket - 02-09-2020, 03:38 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Lightbulb Python3 - GPIO - controlling LED's etc bonce 1 2,184 06-06-2021, 09:43 AM
Last Post: bonce
  Python3 Bridge SMS/MMS to Matrix using Modem Manager and MMSD FutureBucket 3 4,078 02-10-2021, 08:09 PM
Last Post: kop316
  AV call with Matrix Dmytro 0 2,048 07-30-2020, 03:23 AM
Last Post: Dmytro
  Riot Web support Dmytro 1 2,189 06-20-2020, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Dmytro