Noob but can use help
So, first, thank you for accepting me in the forum.  Just by reading around, I have learned allot.  I am no techie but have a bit of background in computers...  Just enough to get me in trouble!   Well, enough of that!  I have a couple of questions for our esteemed knowledgable crew here that I cant seem to find a way through or around.  After having my Pinebook for a couple of months, I am no go on these.

1-Printer drivers.  I use a Brother mfc 255cw which has a linux driver on their web site, BUT, will not install because "wrong architecture".  Any way around that, or through that?  No other generic seems to work at all.  Thoughts?

2. Do we have any idea of additional software will become available through the software boutique?  It starts, it runs, but nothing is there.  From what I read that might change soon?  Can I get software for the Pinebook any other way?

3.  Pinebook seems jumpy, hesitates, especially via internet work.  I am on a fast connect wifi that does not act that way on other computers.  Any ideas how that might be addressed?

I have run sudo apt updates && sudo apt upgrades to make sure I am up to date...

Any suggestions on the above is greatly appreciated.   Huh

Messages In This Thread
Noob but can use help - by renoboyd - 09-04-2017, 05:14 PM
RE: Noob but can use help - by MarkHaysHarris777 - 09-05-2017, 02:49 AM