First impressions after 32 days
(01-05-2017, 03:29 PM)jacobnavia Wrote: You are surely a more regular user and the machine can stay up forever... Well, you have 150 days isn't it?
I find that incredible for such a small machine.

Could it develop to a personal computer?

Yes, certainly the PineA64 board can be a personal computer;  I have been using my debian unit for that purpose ( desktop machine ) since I installed it early last fall.  I use my machine for hardware and software prototyping, software research and development, and all the normal uses for which desktop PC(s) are employed. 

I do have one small baby problem which has to be monitored ;  the midori browser which I'm using has a memory leak ( its not bad, but its really annoying ).  If I don't keep the tabs reasonable, and if I don't stop and restart the browser once in  a while, the machine will crash due to memory constraint. 

Other than that, the pine board has been fabulous as a personal computer. On the other hand, I DO NOT use my pine boards as media centers; other than standard browsing the web. I don't even play many youTube(s). As a media center the gnu+linux pine board is limited ( very limited ).

But, as an actual desktop computer ( and I do mean power user ) its fabulous !
marcushh777    Cool

please join us for a chat @  irc.pine64.xyz:6667   or ssl  irc.pine64.xyz:6697

( I regret that I am not able to respond to personal messages;  let's meet on irc! )

Messages In This Thread
First impressions after 32 days - by jacobnavia - 01-05-2017, 02:50 PM
RE: First impressions after 32 days - by MarkHaysHarris777 - 01-05-2017, 04:24 PM
RE: First impressions after 32 days - by swinging - 01-10-2017, 01:51 AM
RE: First impressions after 32 days - by xalius - 01-10-2017, 06:14 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  21 days and still no answer on RMA blackt1ger 5 7,281 08-28-2016, 11:52 PM
Last Post: blackt1ger