First impressions after 32 days
(01-05-2017, 03:03 PM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote:
(01-05-2017, 02:50 PM)jacobnavia Wrote: ... so the longest time this machine has been running without reboot for me is around 32 days. 

What is the record time?

I have no idea;  however, my PineA64-1 ( debian ) has been up 150 days and used as primary desktop every day - heavily - and my PineA64B-2 ( ubuntu server ) has been up 130 days and used constantly.

My systems are UPS'd and barring a catastrophe of some kind I do not expect them to go down ( trying to keep them up one year )

Well, development work is heavy on the machine, much more than web browsing or document handling... My programs are crashing very often, I use heavily the network, generate executables maybe not quite OK, I am developing a compiler, i.e. a code generator. I use the standard tools, but then, when I start programs generated by my generator the system could suffer...

:-!

For me that this small machine resisted that for 32 days is quite an accomplishment really. Besides, bugs could be introduced by micro sd cards that are of bad quality... A reboot in this conditions is not really bad at 32 days. You are surely a more regular user and the machine can stay up forever... Well, you have 150 days isn't it?

I find that incredible for such a small machine.

Could it develop to a personal computer?

One that you can carry in your pocket and has a phone in it, a GPS, and a lot of high speed connections. It carries all your music and photos, all the digital books you bought, always readily available. It can do documents, spreadsheets, browse the internet, all a personal computer would do. An evolution of the phone.

A personal computer, not a phone.

Messages In This Thread
First impressions after 32 days - by jacobnavia - 01-05-2017, 02:50 PM
RE: First impressions after 32 days - by jacobnavia - 01-05-2017, 03:29 PM
RE: First impressions after 32 days - by swinging - 01-10-2017, 01:51 AM
RE: First impressions after 32 days - by xalius - 01-10-2017, 06:14 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  21 days and still no answer on RMA blackt1ger 5 7,181 08-28-2016, 11:52 PM
Last Post: blackt1ger