LCD Technical Documentation
(01-17-2017, 06:29 PM)@lex Wrote:
(01-17-2017, 02:47 PM)Workaholic Wrote:
(01-17-2017, 11:16 AM)dkryder Wrote: yeah , that is rather interesting work on connector. so, i guess you got to experience the china express option on your package?

Actually, fine soldering isn't big deal for me, but I have no idea how to rotate LCD against TP in software.  Blush
Unfortunately GT911 has no registers to configure it, so I guess it can be done somewhere in Android only.
So, I'm going to experiment with rooted version.
Guys, who knows, please advise me right way. 

Andrey d;-)

You could try the following:

Android does rotate the Screen and Touch by software (in Java, this is slow and it is compensated by the fast HW blitting), you could modify the touch part only and rebuild the Android.

You cannot rotate screen as we usually do it in Intel but you could cheat the TSLIB in doing a rotation against the screen.

Capacitive touch are in absolute coordinate so there is no need for calibration (most of the times), but you could
compile and use TSLIB driver just like the old days (used for resistive touch), it works i usually use this driver for my capacitive touch experiments.

This is not going to be easy if you use Ubuntu, they dropped support long ago but you can grab the Debian version or use Debian for this but i cannot guarantee this will work as you expect but worth a try.

#####################################
#####################################

Hope this helps, good luck!
Thanks a lot @lex for the detailed explanation, but this way seems to be too difficult for me.
I was under impression that could be a simpler way, something like it is for RPi:
http://raspberrypi.stackexchange.com/que...n-rotation
My skills yet too weak to make a fork of the Android kernel and compiling it with the modified drivers as you suggest.  Sad
This may just kill whole time that I have for the experiments now, so I'll try this way later, for sure.

P.S. seems it already becomes off topic for the LCD Technical Documentation subj, sorry...
d;-)

Messages In This Thread
LCD Technical Documentation - by pfeerick - 11-24-2016, 09:47 PM
RE: LCD Technical Documentation - by Workaholic - 12-16-2016, 04:58 AM
RE: LCD Technical Documentation - by Workaholic - 12-18-2016, 05:30 PM
RE: LCD Technical Documentation - by tllim - 12-18-2016, 11:15 PM
RE: LCD Technical Documentation - by Workaholic - 01-17-2017, 07:06 AM
RE: LCD Technical Documentation - by xalius - 01-17-2017, 07:14 AM
RE: LCD Technical Documentation - by dkryder - 01-17-2017, 11:16 AM
RE: LCD Technical Documentation - by Workaholic - 01-17-2017, 02:47 PM
RE: LCD Technical Documentation - by @lex - 01-17-2017, 06:29 PM
RE: LCD Technical Documentation - by Workaholic - 01-18-2017, 01:48 AM