Potential use for Euler Bus/PI-2-bus
(10-05-2016, 06:28 PM)pfeerick Wrote: There is currently no support on Android for controlling the GPIO pins. I believe it has been discussed as a desired feature, and will probably eventuate, but I haven't seen anything yet indicating it is being worked on. Hopefully it will eventuate, as it would be another market the pine64 could capture, as I'm not aware of any other boards (other than the RIoTboard - and that was only limited) running Android have done this either.

Acutually , ayufan's (7) build does GPIO in sysfs just as well as the gnu+linux distros. A little known fact , actually Android has 'always' been able to do GPIO and all that needed to happen was set an option for the kernel compile; that's it !

I asked ayufan to set the option with compile|test a couple of weeks ago , and voila success !

So, in ayufan's build of Android 7 we have /sys/class/gpio/+   which works just as it does in gnu+linux. You can access the GPIO in Java and C also, if you are a conversant Droid developer. If you have the rooted version ( I think they all are ) you can use a terminal emulation program like "Better Terminal Pro" to set the various pins on|off with the normal sysfs commands.
marcushh777    Cool

please join us for a chat @  irc.pine64.xyz:6667   or ssl  irc.pine64.xyz:6697

( I regret that I am not able to respond to personal messages;  let's meet on irc! )

Messages In This Thread
RE: Potential use for Euler Bus/PI-2-bus - by MarkHaysHarris777 - 10-06-2016, 07:56 AM