Fractal/Matrix MMS workaround
Hello,
First post on the forum and I'm new to Linux, but crash-coursing so there will probably be a lot of basic questions. I'll try to give as much background as I can.

I purchased a Pine Phone Beta edition with convergence package. I settled on Manjaro Arm Phosh beta 34 for the distro. And I'm on the Metro PCS ( T-mobile network) in the U.S. So of course that means I have call, SMS, data, but no MMS. 

I read through the article on how to set up Fractal through terminal (https://wiki.pine64.org/wiki/PinePhone_MMS_with_Matrix), but I'lll be real-- I was totally lost. I've run a few commands through terminal (like looking for clogged sms and clearing them), but without step-by-step guides or a DIY video I was lost with all that. So given the quick pace of distro development I opened Fractal and tried to set it up from there-- hoping for the best. 

Fractal prompted me to create an account and directed me to Element. I did that. Element asked me to download Element apk from fDroid. I think I did that, but I don't see it on my phone. So then I went back to Fractal and tried to log in. When Fractal prompted for my "provider," I listed my identity server ( vector.im which according to Element doesn't support phone numbers ). I entered my login info for Element, but I keep getting " Can't Log in " in Fractal. I've tried both Username and @username:matrix.org and of course Password. I even tried the Manjaro username and password. 

What am I doing wrong? Do I need to go back to Terminal and type a bunch of commands?  

Thanks in advance.

Messages In This Thread
Fractal/Matrix MMS workaround - by Noob Of All Trades - 09-25-2023, 09:39 PM
RE: Fractal/Matrix MMS workaround - by mikehenson - 09-28-2023, 07:17 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MMS workaround for users with separate APN (works atleast on Manjaro Phosh) alaraajavamma 0 1,094 10-10-2022, 12:53 PM
Last Post: alaraajavamma
  What is Fractal btw? Cree 2 3,561 10-13-2020, 01:06 PM
Last Post: MonCon