Figuring out a NAS setup around a Quartz64A
Hello,

For the past few weeks, I've been trying to theorise a setup for a NAS around a Quartz64 A SBC, and would like to get some feedback!

I'd like to run a 2×4TB hard drive configuration (with data replication), mostly for a Nextcloud home server.
I'm thinking of getting the PCIe to SATA III card, and powering the drives directly from the board with the power cable for dual SATA drives. To have enough power for all this, I'd use the 12v5a power supply.

I was somewhat inspired by this blog post and would like to know if anyone has done anything similar…? I went for another setup for powering the drives, suggested on the Quartz64 matrix channel, because I don't have a PC power supply laying around, so that set up would be a lot more expensive for me.

I'm not yet sure if I'd go with the 4 or 8 GB model for the Quartz64, so I'd appreciate feedback on that too, if you have a Nextcloud server!

Thanks to anyone for their help or input! I haven't bought anything yet, so I'm open to any suggestion on how to improve this setup

PS: I am from the EU; does anyone know how import stuff works? I've never ordered anything from overseas, is there a way I can figure out an estimate of how much import duties I'll have to pay?

Messages In This Thread
Figuring out a NAS setup around a Quartz64A - by yukijoou - 06-24-2023, 08:04 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  buildroot quartz64a flatmax 0 1,311 11-22-2021, 11:00 PM
Last Post: flatmax