Can i reinstall the os with an image using ubuntu? without having an sd card?
(08-27-2023, 11:20 PM)Ctrl_Amiga_1070 Wrote: ather than the SD-Card version, as

(08-22-2023, 01:27 PM)fxc Wrote:
(08-22-2023, 02:20 AM)Ctrl_Amiga_1070 Wrote: Tried to find an IMG file to download for emmc flashing, but I get an uncompressed folder with like 5 or 6 .IMG files.
Very confused about this.
So I tried the other method of sd-card IMG

I downloaded this file

gd-lineageos-pinephonepro-userdebug-2023w13.tar.gz

rather than the SD-Card version as I am having difficulty getting the pine64 to boot with the sd-card inserted

and it extracted to these multiple .img files. I don't know which one to write. And FYI, no I am not being mad with you, I am grateful for your assistance, but I am aware of how .img files work. I used to Image my primary HDD to backups, but 8TB takes to long and purchasing a second and third 8+Tb just for a backup is a waste of money.

As the other user wrote, flashing GloDroid is highly involved. It requires booting a specially crafted microSD card image to get Android Fastboot working on the Linux phone and to then flash the phone from there. Also it doesn't have many contributors and not many users, because what's the point of Android on a PinePhone? Plus it is not compatible with Tow-Boot, so you won't get it running easily. And almost nothing will run and it will be very buggy. I would recommend to simply flash a Linux distribution, instead of GloDroid.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can i reinstall the os with an image using ubuntu? without having an sd card? - by fxc - 08-29-2023, 08:41 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  pinephone pro boot: kernel image not aligned on 64k boundary kmerfeld 2 2,088 08-15-2022, 10:35 AM
Last Post: ajaso
  Reinstall factory system Emilio 3 2,568 06-02-2022, 01:20 AM
Last Post: magdesign
Sad Sim card issues For_lack_of_a_better_name 0 835 04-11-2022, 02:53 PM
Last Post: For_lack_of_a_better_name