Consistently Crashing After Successful Install
I can confirm that the regular images from Armbian and other aarch64 Debian variants with any desktop absolutely does not work, and worse than that, it works at first, then something is going haywire and literally bricks the thing. There is one repo, the Ayufan github, that seems to be stable. He explains that he has only gotten an armhf version with Mate and LXDE. I have the LXDE going now and have done a few reboots both hot and cold and the system seems to come back ok.

It is hard to believe that the customer support guys don't know this who blew me off. And there could be notes on the releases page of the Wiki. The one reference to Ayufan is for OMV, and there is no mention that he has the other images at all. They told to try Manjaro, which I explained did not boot at at all on either this or the other RK3399 I tried it on, the Opi800 that I set up for my kid. It seems that boards with that chip are difficult, even though the Opi4 hasn't given me any trouble at all.

I'll stick to Opi in the future after this experience. My original Pine64 is still in service and I bought one the week them came out. The organization has gone way way down hill. I am afraid to even try the Quartz boards I bought the same times as these. But hopefully I will not be back to this useless resource.

https://github.com/ayufan-rock64/linux-build/releases/

...and then it bricked. i'm done.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Consistently Crashing After Successful Install - by RocknKiosks - 05-17-2023, 05:38 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ROCKPRO64 PCI SSD SD-boot Install pspgarret 0 1,166 06-09-2022, 10:56 AM
Last Post: pspgarret
Shocked how install pip3 on ubuntu 18.04 huat99 3 4,894 04-30-2019, 08:20 PM
Last Post: evilbunny
  how install remote desktop on ubuntu 18.04 for rockpro64 huat99 0 1,860 04-30-2019, 08:14 PM
Last Post: huat99