Ringtone
Further research.
The first phone: intended for my UK SIM doesn’t notify for either calls or SMS other than vibration.
The second phone: intended for my Greek SIM, but at the moment holding a second UK SIM doesn’t notify for either calls or SMS and does not vibrate either. This is the phone which had a screen transplant from the start. I recall that when I reassembled it there was constant vibration. This stopped with a little fiddling. (I can’t remember what I did to stop it.) It may be that I stopped it permanently! (I don’t think so)
On this phone the internal speaker is problematic too. By experimentation I found that I had to switch from “default” to “phone call” to get it to work. (This is in Settings) Having said that, the volume is much reduced compared with the first phone, despite all volume settings being on full.
Both phones are capable of producing sound, just not notification sounds.
In my opinion these phones should be capable of being phones with anything else a bonus.
I have Computers with decent sized screens for video editing, Libre Office, CAD etc. All I want is the basics… to start with. I do not expect all the software to be optimised for a tiny portrait orientated display. I can wait for that. Photographs in an emergency, I prefer my point and shoot camera.
If someone could point me in the direction of the secret directories where the ringtones are controlled I might be able do do something. This is so frustrating!

Messages In This Thread
Ringtone - by TheForteanDentist - 05-10-2022, 03:10 AM
RE: Ringtone - by mikehenson - 05-10-2022, 09:05 AM
RE: Ringtone - by TheForteanDentist - 05-10-2022, 09:43 AM
RE: Ringtone - by allworlds - 05-10-2022, 02:53 PM
RE: Ringtone - by TheForteanDentist - 05-11-2022, 06:23 AM
RE: Ringtone - by TheForteanDentist - 05-13-2022, 09:25 AM