Stuck in Angelfish
Problem description:
----------------------------

In Angelfish browser.  After downloading latest Manjaro Plasma image (20220301) to SDcard, I am unable to exit the web browser and escape back to the main / home screen.  Nothing works -- swipe up from bottom, swipe down from top.  Swipe left / right from sides brings up web browser menus.

Any tricks I am missing here?

Background:
-----------------

New PPP owner -- received yesterday, bricked yesterday.

I suspect I did a hard / power reset yesterday while an update was running in the background.  In any event, the PPP would no longer boot.  Symptoms were a flash at the lower center of the main screen, and a white LED flash at the top left of the phone.  I observed a _very_ faint glow from the screen, so I knew it had power.

I managed to get it running this morning by flashing the 20220301 Manjaro Plasma image this morning onto a microSD card via my laptop running Ubuntu / KDE Plasma.  Hard power down on the PPP (power button depressed until screen faint glow turned off.)  Removed battery, inserted microSD card, re-inserted battery, then held down power button for a five count (one thousand one, one thousand two...)  The upper left LED blinked red, and the phone buzzed/vibrated.  Manjaro/Plasma booted.  So the eMMC bootloader was not corrupted, just the OS image on the eMMC.

Went through the intitial setup, then launched Angelfish to download Manjaro image so I could re-flash the eMMC.  Figure I'd like to have a bootable OS on the eMMC as a backup option to booting from a microSD -- so I plan on re-flashing the eMMC, but ran into this UI snafoo.  Thought I'd ask about it.

TIA

Messages In This Thread
Stuck in Angelfish - by steve2267 - 03-01-2022, 09:39 AM
RE: Stuck in Angelfish - by arzach - 03-02-2022, 06:06 PM
RE: Stuck in Angelfish - by magdesign - 03-03-2022, 04:35 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Phosh Web app vs Angelfish mburns 0 681 06-19-2023, 11:57 AM
Last Post: mburns