Modem not 5G but better than original PP!
(02-06-2022, 05:26 AM)Ulfnic Wrote: ...
Also on Mobian here and tethering sounds damn cool.

Only if it's easy to share, how are you going about the tethering process? I'm no stranger to the terminal and i'd love to do something similar.

With Mobian (and most of the 2022 releases no doubt) most of the tether bits are built-in, it is just a process to enable/configure them. There is a whole lot of info in the wiki which is more than you need - in general I just use nmtui command to change the relevant connection (ethernet, usb and wifi) from DHCP4 automatic to shared.

Also I have a dongle-like thing like this and a stand like this that are permanently connected - the ethernet to my PC - and powered, so I just have to plug my phone into the stand and it gets charged and the PC is on the interweb. (The fleabay links are no recommendations nor preferences, merely the first ones I found. The Pine shop also has a dongle.)

The other thing I like about this is that it is then easy to manage the PinePhone via ssh etc from the PC rather than struggling with a little touchscreen. And on rare occasions fire up the PinePhone WiFI hotspot for other junk I have that needs a dose of internet for whatever reason.
  • ROCKPro64 v2.1 2GB, 16Gb eMMC for rootfs, SX8200Pro 512GB NVMe for /home, HDMI video & sound, Bluetooth keyboard & mouse. Arch (6.2 kernel, Openbox desktop) for general purpose daily PC.
  • PinePhone Pro Explorer Edition, daily driver, rk2aw & U-boot on SPI, Arch/SXMO & Arch/phosh on eMMC
  • PinePhone BraveHeart now v1.2b 3/32Gb, Tow-boot with Arch/SXMO on eMMC

Messages In This Thread
RE: Modem not 5G but better than original PP! - by dukla2000 - 02-06-2022, 09:44 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Modem diag output tjpresley 1 911 06-07-2023, 10:30 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  PPP modem firmware updater henrythemouse 6 3,812 05-10-2022, 10:28 AM
Last Post: henrythemouse