Implementing ANCS
For those of you who don't know, Infinitime does not work out-of-the-box with iPhones - like, at all. This is because Apple uses a proprietary service for notifications and music control, but it seems to be documented. I want to get cracking at this, but I'll be honest: I have basically no experience working with BLE. If anyone here has any suggestions on the direction I should go, your help would be much appreciated. 

Here is the situation as I understand it:

a. Infinitime (on which I will be basing my work) is not set up to advertise like a regular BLE device.
b. If I am not mistaken, ANCS requires the NC (notification consumer) to be advertised like a regular device, so that iOS can do its GATT thing. If I am again not mistaken, this is why 3rd party apps cannot bond the watch with the phone.

I plan to make a quick-and-dirty (but working) script on a computer, learning as much as I can for the real thing.
My ultimate goal is to have working code in a pull request in the Infinitime Github.

Like I said, any ideas, thoughts, or notable resources would be invaluable, wish me luck.

Messages In This Thread
Implementing ANCS - by wanderer_ - 01-21-2022, 04:21 PM
RE: Implementing ANCS - by jandy - 01-24-2022, 01:15 AM
RE: Implementing ANCS - by VMMainFrame - 01-29-2022, 07:59 PM