Crashes when using a 4to External HDD
(06-29-2016, 02:26 PM)gbjensen Wrote:
(06-29-2016, 01:03 PM)fab4real Wrote: Hello, i'm using a PineA64+ with 2gb ram, with Android 5.1.

I tried to plug my Lacie 2d 4to External HDD (USB3 but support USB2).

i previously formatted it in Fat32 from DiskUtility on Mac.

But when i plug the external hdd, it's seen by the Pine a64 but after approximately 5 to 10 secondes, the mini computer crashes (automatically  reboot)

Did anyone succeed with pluging an external hdd, or a large external hdd ?

How can i find logs or something to resolve this issue ?

Any help appreciated ! 

Thanks

Hi I have connected a 2TB USB drive to my Pine64. via a USB hub with external power supply to be able to drive the USB HD. The USB outputs at the Pine64 is limited to less than 500mA and this is in most cases not sufficient to drive a USB HD.
My power supply to my Pine media center is a 5V 4A PSU. I do not use the micro USB plug but the power pins at the Euler bus connector.

I am wondering if a USB hub with 5V 4A, would power both the board itself and the 2 TB harddrive at the same time?  I tried that with a 5V 2.5A, and it worked for a bit and then didn't anymore.  I don't know if the updated operating system caused the change or not.  But I had though about using a hub with 4A to power both.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Crashes when using a 4to External HDD - by skybadiver - 07-02-2016, 08:48 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  system too slow to pair and crashes when pairing bluetooth mus1c 0 2,150 08-27-2016, 08:54 AM
Last Post: mus1c