WHAT? The display works now?
(01-06-2022, 11:48 PM)Kairei Wrote: I have to assume somehow we'd have to put a more current version of Linux on it since whatever version ships from the factory wouldn't have whatever updates were done to get it working... how would that be done?

[...]

What OS can we install on this that has a recent enough version to have the e-ink display, and how exactly does one flash an OS onto it?

[...]

I'm still learning linux but I guess you can upgrade the kernel independently of the OS and bring in support for this display. Would love some confirmation from someone more experienced, especially how exactly we'd get Alpine Linux with that latest kernal flashed onto this device.

All due respect Kairei, but if you have to ask such questions, you might not be the person who needs this device in their hands the most at the present time?

I am not sure how many devices are really available, but getting them into hands of people who can help with development should (IMO) be a priority, at least for now.

Besides, unless you want to tinker / help development, you are likely not going to have a good time with current state of software.

JMHO.
Cheers,
TRS-80

What is Free Software and why is it so important for society?

Protocols, not Platforms

For the most Linux-y experience on your Linux phone, try SXMO!

I am (nominally) the Armbian Maintainer for PineBook Pro (although severely lacking in time these days).

Messages In This Thread
WHAT? The display works now? - by jasonriedy - 01-04-2022, 07:28 PM
RE: WHAT? The display works now? - by Kairei - 01-06-2022, 11:48 PM
RE: WHAT? The display works now? - by jasonriedy - 01-07-2022, 07:10 PM
RE: WHAT? The display works now? - by fasani - 02-23-2022, 05:02 AM
RE: WHAT? The display works now? - by TRS-80 - 02-28-2022, 12:02 AM
RE: WHAT? The display works now? - by Zaf9670 - 03-09-2022, 09:57 AM
RE: WHAT? The display works now? - by Kairei - 03-11-2022, 12:24 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does the e-ink display work yet? Kairei 5 4,080 03-11-2022, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Kairei