Why can't we have an alternative to DHL??
(10-27-2021, 05:26 AM)lot378 Wrote: What is the actual DHL remote area surcharge cost for your home address? $20 USD?

The surcharge is $38

Quote:If it is that low then it would have made sense to give Pine64 your home address and your SBC order would have reached you.

That's beside the point

Quote:You lost $10 USD on your refund because Pine64 would not refund the PayPal commission - which seems fair to me.

How is that ok for Pine64 to accept an order and payment with an address they know they can't deliver to and then to charge for cancellation?

Quote:When you ordered a PP that time, DHL was OK wasn't it?

No, it was not ok then and it's not ok now. 
It is not ok to :
  • Offer only one size fits all overpriced shipping option (without even mentioning what it is by the way...)
  • Advertise $30 shipping at the time of the order knowing that the carrier will charge $38 extra later
  • Accept an address they can't deliver to at the time of the order / payment
  • Disregard whether or not the customer can provide another address
  • Tell the customer it's on them to deal with DHL's limitations after receiving their payment when there ARE other shipping options that can deliver to their address for cheaper
  • Ignore customer feedback for 2 years

It is baffling to me because those shipping practices go so much against all of Pine64's values. One of the reasons of Pine64's success is their commitment to transparency, openness and to empower their users to have full control on their devices. Why not doing the same thing when it comes to shipping? Why hiding the true cost of shipping at the time of the order? Why hiding who the carrier is? Why not simply refusing an order they can't ship? And the main question remains:

Why can't we have an alternative to DHL??

I have a hunch that DHL gives "a good deal" to the seller if they ship exclusively through DHL and then make up for their low bid by overcharging the customer after they hold the shipment hostage... I have seen other businesses fall for that with major carriers. If there is no other option available, they don't have to stay competitive and they know most people will pay whatever to get their package... That doesn't make it right!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why can't we have an alternative to DHL?? - by IAteYourBacon - 10-27-2021, 04:42 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is there an alternative email other than shipping@pine64.com Fusion_3.64 5 8,853 07-25-2016, 10:07 PM
Last Post: Fusion_3.64