Why can't we have an alternative to DHL??
Where I live, the only option to receive mail is a PO Box (very common in North America). DHL does not deliver to PO Boxes and over charge the crap out of people living in the following 100.000 postal codes after they have your parcel hostage...

https://www.dhl.de/content/dam/images/Ex...ervice.pdf

My last order was a pinephone  and I was told DHL was the only option because "batteries"...

This time I ordered only SBCs and still can't have it shipped by regular post. My very first order was shipped through China Post and came through Canada Post to my PO Box with no problem. Why is that not possible anymore?? An exclusive deal with DHL?? Clearly a deal for the seller only, the customer can get raped by DHL after the sales is done and nobody cares...

And the cherry on top, after accepting my order and payment with a PO Box address, Pine64 wants to charge me to cancel the order because I don't have an alternative address... And you expect people NOT to make paypal claims?? way to go... Here is the appalling correspondence:

Pine64 after accepting PO box address and payment
Quote:Order 204099 to ship via courier shipping that request home or office address.

Please let us know your physical address for delivery purpose.

My answer
Quote:This is the only address I can receive mail at, please use a delivery method compatible with PO boxes.

Thank you.

Pine64
Quote:We hope you are doing well. May you provide home or office address for courier service to deliver.  If no responded by Oct 25, 2021, we will cancel order.

Me
Quote:This PO box is the only address I can receive mail at. Please use chinapost for this shipment like you did for my previous order #141889.

Pine64
Quote:Urgent! Final notice.

We would like to follow up order 204099 regarding request shipping address unable ship to PO Box because courier service carrier unable access to your mail box. Please provide physical address either home or office address for delivery purpose.

If no response from you by Monday Oct 25, 2025 your local time, we will cancel order. PayPal commission fee US$10.67 is non-refundable.

Thank you!

I'm not sure anybody even read my emails...

You guys have to sort out your shipping situation, this is not acceptable.
Either find an alternative to DHL or don't take an order with a PO Box to begin with.
You should also let people know extra charges will apply after the carrier has the package hostage and nothing can be done instead of pretending it's a flat rate.

Messages In This Thread
Why can't we have an alternative to DHL?? - by IAteYourBacon - 10-25-2021, 02:14 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is there an alternative email other than shipping@pine64.com Fusion_3.64 5 8,776 07-25-2016, 10:07 PM
Last Post: Fusion_3.64