First Post/Introduction
Hey everyone,

I just wanted to introduce myself. I just received my PinePhone (Manjaro with Plasma Mobile) the other day and have had the past couple days to play around with it. So far I have had a great experience other than the part when I accidentally locked myself out when I changed my password to contain letters Big Grin . But even that gave me the opportunity to switch distros and test out Mobian with Phosh.

Using jump drive to switch distros was super easy and I'm really just blown away with how cool this phone is. Obviously, there are a few kinks to work out, but I didn't buy this to be my daily driver immediately anyway. The issues I found were with GPS (Mobian with Phosh, I didn't test this with Manjaro) on Gnome Maps not giving an accurate reading of where I was, but when I went to the settings for location it appeared as if no apps were trying to access my location. So, I feel like I will need to look into that a little more later. Also, when I was on Manjaro I couldn't connect to my mobile network, but didn't really get to troubleshoot because of the lock out incident I mentioned above. I've had no trouble making calls or accessing the internet through Mobian/Phosh, though.

I do have a couple things I was curious about. I watched a video of the disassembly of this phone and it seems like it would be really easy to take apart and replace broken pieces. Does anyone know if there are plans to make upgraded parts? I see they have the standard camera (5MP) as a replacement in the store, but do they plan on making a >5MP camera to replace it with if someone wanted to buy it. Seems like it would be cool to be able to upgrade your phone like you could upgrade your desktop.

Also, does anyone know how to get the Microsoft Teams web app working? I know there's an Teams for Linux Arm app, but I heard it's not the best and at least until Microsoft comes out with an official app I was hoping I could get it set up just in a browser. I already tried changing the user-agent of the Epiphany browser, but that didn't work.

Thanks for any help anyone can give!

Tim

Messages In This Thread
First Post/Introduction - by top19013 - 04-24-2021, 08:27 PM
RE: First Post/Introduction - by pfeerick - 04-25-2021, 03:59 AM
RE: First Post/Introduction - by amosbatto - 04-25-2021, 08:28 AM
RE: First Post/Introduction - by megous - 04-26-2021, 07:18 AM
RE: First Post/Introduction - by top19013 - 04-25-2021, 09:28 AM
RE: First Post/Introduction - by tophneal - 04-26-2021, 07:58 AM
RE: First Post/Introduction - by top19013 - 04-27-2021, 06:10 PM
RE: First Post/Introduction - by tophneal - 04-28-2021, 07:01 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  US cellular service (as I understand it as of post date) freebsd 17 9,286 07-23-2023, 04:57 PM
Last Post: kb-zealot